Versus%20H-Cup.png
Toulouse.png

[strike]Racing Metro[/strike]
[strike]Saracens[/strike]
[strike]Clermont[/strike]
[strike]Leicester[/strike]

BRING IT ONN!!!!!

Might as well be the final.

Wouldn't say that now. While I'd agree that Leinster and Toulouse are probably the best two teams left in the competiton, neither of them were very impressive in their respective quarters. Leinster did enough and little more against Tigers (that said any result against Leicester is a very good one) and Toulouse blew a big lead against Biarritz. If the Biarritz winger had had enough sense to come in field a bit more before diving over Toulouse wouldn't even be here.

Still, I feel the winner will be in the strongest position to win the competition. Should be a great game. Two teams that really love to throw the ball around, both with good backs and nice mobile packs

Think we'll shade it, but jasus, we're if we actually do get to the final we'll have done it the hard way.

Can't see past Leinster in this one. Toulouse are good but just think in the Aviva Leinster will just have too much and possibly win by maybe 7 points

Can't see past Leinster in this one. Toulouse are good but just think in the Aviva Leinster will just have too much and possibly win by maybe 7 points

Really? You can't see the four times winners and holders winning? Seriously?

Based on the quarters Toulouse should win - though the Aviva is a helluva stadium for the home team, so who knows what'll happen

Leinster need to improve significantly from the Tigers game if they don't want it to go the same way as last years semi final. We all know they can/(could?) from previous examples.

However, I think Toulouse are the only team of the other 3 who could do a job on them in Dublin. But they'll need an epically big performance to pull it off which I think potentially could derail them in the Final or Top 14.

Either side by a couple.

I just can't see it. Toulouse never really are excellent when in Ireland. They're front 5 are not as dominant. The Aviva will play a big part and Skrela I feel will be a target to hit for Leinster continuously.

Let's not forget Leinster went there and beat Toulouse at their own game.
But I agree they have a habit of pulling results out but it just my opinion that I think they have at the moment because of injuries or whatever I just feel they've a poor front 5 and I don't rate their half backs much either.
Don't get me wrong either it won't be walk in park but I just think this is Leinsters if they want it

Surely a match played half a decade ago will have little to no relevance on one played now?

Leinster are a much better team this year than last year. In last year's semi, Leinster went in without Jonny Sexton, without a scrum and played away from home. Sexton should be fit, the scrum is much improved and Leinster have home advantage having not lost in Dublin all season. Toulouse will bring their A game but I think Leinster will win it by 3.

Was just about to say what Snoop beat me to. Leinster didn't have a 10 that is European standard. And there is massive difference in terms of setting out the gameplan when in France and at home. I think Schmidt has really got this team rolling now and people will say Leinster aren't playing great lately. But they're grinding out the results and probably have best defense in Europe at moment. Also factor in I think the Leinster lads will possibly be that bit fresher

My two cents. Things that I think should be considered:
- Toulouse is leading the Top 14, 8 points away from the third place and with a match against Bourgoin that their third XV would win, so they will rest players ahead of the HEC semifinal.
- Kelleher will probably not be fit, but Vergallo is ready to play this weekend and, IMO, Bézy has been very good at 9.
- Whoever sadi that Toulouse front five is not good, must be forgetting Servat, Albacete, Milo-Chluski and Johnston.
- However, Toulouse have been very ineffective away.

Both teams are sides that raise their spirits when playing games like this one, and can manage to win even if not playing well. I think that it will be a very close game and I think Toullouse could win it, but I al not surprised that the bookies give Leinster as favourites. Home advantage can prove decisive.

"In last year's semi, Leinster went in without Jonny Sexton, without a scrum and played away from home. Sexton should be fit, the scrum is much improved and Leinster have home advantage having not lost in Dublin all season."

"Heard all this last year before the Semis n'all."

?

Also, how do I change my name, I feel Jockstap is getting less hilarious with every new post.

Latest posts