Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Heineken%20Cup.png

Northampton.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Perpignan.png

I am going to go with the Saints on this one.... the only issue I could see if the number 10 (which erver they use) cracks. Other than that, I think they can stick it to Perpignan, but it will be close.

The Saints have looked consistently strong throughout the season. What little I did see of Perpignan makes me wonder if they can match the strength for 80 minutes. If Perpignan can score early, that will help, and anything can happen in the late rounds of the competition.

This will be a close match. Myler and the saints back three really have to perform because they won't overpower Pepignan in the forwards like Ulster. I hope Northampton win so I can give my Saints supporing cousins a bit of a slagging when Leinster beat em'

I've a sneaking suspicion Perpignan will win this. Two Top 14 finals in a row shows they know their way around playoff rugby. Having drawn on the road with Leicester, they won't fear Northampton. They've a little more class behind the scrum too.

Northampton will rely on their pack and back three if they're to win the game (because they've a bunch of plodders at 9, 10, 12 and 13). I don't think the pack will do a number on Perpignan in the same way that it dismantled Ulster.

IMO this will come down to the kickers. I back Porical to nail his kicks more often than Myler.

21-18 to the away side.

I hope the weather is like it was last Sunday too as this game can be a cracker. Lawes was excellent against Ulster but I think he will have (along with rest of Saints pack) a huge battle in the forwards and Perpignan have a nice bench to deploy too.
But in saying that the Saint are a fine team and I can't help but think this will be decided by which team keeps their discipline and maybe a moment of magic from 1 player.

Me thinks that yet anothery overhyped Aviva premiership Franchise is going to realise that they just arent good enough to sit at the top european table.

Its only trolling if its not true. Hows about you point out to me how the Saints are going to beat a decent french side? So far they have played Castres, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Ulster, you think they are capable of the massive step up required? Me thinks no.

Its only trolling if its not true. Hows about you point out to me how the Saints are going to beat a decent french side? So far they have played Castres, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Ulster, you think they are capable of the massive step up required? Me thinks no.

Jaysus, hadn't realised how easy a run they'd got this year.

That said, I do think they've got a lot of experience over the last year and with home advantage should win by a couple of pointiolas.

Ahhh right your only objecting to the Franchice line? Righty so, lets call em a club. Any other objections or do you actually think MK Saints are actually going to win?

In fairness to Saints a win in Castres is never easy and you can only beat what is in front of you. But I don't get MK Saints line :D

Who knows - I like both teams, Perpignan a bit more though
I'd say Saints have an edge in the backs, probably parity up front (maybe USAP a little better in the back row?) - the "home" advantage could count for them, but I think that it'll be very close

I'd like to see Northampton get through though because an all French final is boring, like last years

It is hard to say... I just hope USAP maintain the same spirit that led them to overcome the 1st half result. I am also wondering about the performance of english internationals of Northampton in such an important game.

Who knows - I like both teams, Perpignan a bit more though
I'd say Saints have an edge in the backs, probably parity up front (maybe USAP a little better in the back row?) - the "home" advantage could count for them, but I think that it'll be very close

I'd like to see Northampton get through though because an all French final is boring, like last years

Zing!

Perpignan NEVER perform away from home...They've even lost in Italy...Plus I think Hartley ans co will do all they can to get under their skin and get their pack to lose focus...

Logorrhea I know you pride yourself on your winding up abilities, but I'd just remind you of some of Ireland's other performances in the six nations which to be honest leave you with little to be smug about.

Ireland vs Italy. You either A: Bottled it or B: were generally ****. Realistically neither option is any better than the crap England served up against Ireland

This could be an incredibly physical game though. Hope Northampton can do it, if Mujati and co can match Perpignan's physicality then I think with home advantage they are favourites. Also Myler needs to improve his kicking out of hand abit to put pressure on the opposition back 3 rather than himself.

Latest posts