• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup 22/23 - Round of 16

This is showing 2 things
1) Welsh club rugby is not dead
2) the Premiership is weaker than we think

The first was never in doubt for me, whilst there are huge issues in welsh rugby with all sorts, the talent is coming through as it always has. It doesn't have the depth at the moment that Ireland, France and SA have which has always been an issue. Ospreys first team on paper is pretty handy.

Also, the URC is a ridiculously strong competition at the moment.

The first was never in doubt for me, whilst there are huge issues in welsh rugby with all sorts, the talent is coming through as it always has. It doesn't have the depth at the moment that Ireland, France and SA have which has always been an issue. Ospreys first team on paper is pretty handy.

Also, the URC is a ridiculously strong competition at the moment.
Maybe 3 teams would help with squad strength.
Merge Ospreys and Scarlets, play at PyS and call them Swansea Bay Scarlets.

Maybe 3 teams would help with squad strength.
Merge Ospreys and Scarlets, play at PyS and call them Swansea Bay Scarlets.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Why is the clock running while the officials forensically pore over the try? Good few minutes of the yellow taken up with them faffing.

Very enjoyable half of rugby. Ospreys will be kicking themselves with a few soft penalties in the last ten mins and they need to sort out the scrum.

2) the Premiership is weaker than we think
Kinda has to be, though, with the salary cap

Prem still has this reputation as a money bags league but the Welsh regions have a significantly higher playing budget than the prem cap (£2.2m more than the current cap, and even after the massively controversial salary reductions their playing budgets will still be £200k above the Prem's cap)

But if you remove the cap then more prem clubs will die out, so just have to resign ourselves to not competing on the European scene for the sake of of the local scene

Saracens breakdown work is embarrassing, they just stand aside watching as they get turned over.

This just confirms for me how we should've just moved Hawkins to 10 for Wales and started Kieran Williams every match

Christie is far too good of a player to not make Saracens' 1st choice 23 next season, but I think that's what's gonna happen.

Latest posts