• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Quarter-Finals

Why are pundits and journos who are not from Leinster making us look arrogant. That's my job ffs
I think the Journos from Leinster are leading the way to be fair.
Only D4 journo who seems to say we will hammer Leicester but will sweat for few mins is Thornley. The great ROC said Leinster will win the whole competition without trying and will find Pro14 win tougher as South Africans will be ready but Leinster still romp home due to Dublin factor

I think the Journos from Leinster are leading the way to be fair.
Only D4 journo who seems to say we will hammer Leicester but will sweat for few mins is Thornley. The great ROC said Leinster will win the whole competition without trying and will find Pro14 win tougher as South Africans will be ready but Leinster still romp home due to Dublin factor
I watch Off the Ball for guarantees of Irish slams and Leinster finals. Good to see Thornley pre-emptively bring up that the referee has a history of being biased towards Genge.

I watch Off the Ball for guarantees of Irish slams and Leinster finals. Good to see Thornley pre-emptively bring up that the referee has a history of being biased towards Genge.
I think the fact you can sit (& stay awake) through all of that 40mins or so is impressive.
I like Gerry though. Joe Molloy will have heart failure though if Munster benefit. Still tries to say Munster fans feel screwed over being moved out of Thomond Park when in reality every fan I have met is absolutely bouncing with trip to Aviva. We have 36k tickets sold now (could go as high as 40k) and well understand the facts. Ed Sheeran was booked before Champions Cup dates were moved from traditional.
Munster this weekend are set to make well north of €2.5m. If there was no concert and we hosted game in Thomond Park it would be worth near €800k.
If we cancelled Ed to play game it'd be a negative figure.

I don't feel hard done by with the Aviva. Tough situation that IRFU and Munster have made the best of.

I don't feel hard done by with the Aviva. Tough situation that IRFU and Munster have made the best of.
If anything and I will say this from being in camp. The squad feel more supported now than any other point in the season and that says alot.
There is buses and trains from everywhere.
Munster really have delivered in looking after fans. As 1 man said. From his house he could get a taxi to/from Thomond Park and cheapest tickets for a combined price of €53.00. (€14 each way plus €25 for ticket based on previous games excluding Ticketmaster fee)
In Aviva he can get to/from game and ticket for €30. (Bus €10 return and €20 ticket again excluding TM Fee)

Bus companies aren't even passing on costs. Munster are supplying Drivers with fuel, ticket and a meal and they happy to drive no profits for 1 of companies supplying big fleet.

All of that to be met by a drunk South Dub in a Toulouse jersey shouting things in rusty French.

Expecting Leinster to win is hardly arrogant, we've been the bookies favourites for every tournament we have entered since 2018 and have won 5/8. Off the ball's goal at international time is purely to be picked up by foreign media outlets. I think Leicester could start well and even by up by about 10 points in the first half but we should be leading and in control come the last 10 mins.

All of that to be met by a drunk South Dub in a Toulouse jersey shouting things in rusty French.

Expecting Leinster to win is hardly arrogant, we've been the bookies favourites for every tournament we have entered since 2018 and have won 5/8. Off the ball's goal at international time is purely to be picked up by foreign media outlets. I think Leicester could start well and even by up by about 10 points in the first half but we should be leading and in control come the last 10 mins.
that is the greatest way I've ever seen to say "we've been favorited in the only competition we only care about the last four years but only managed to win it once"

Also Toulouse were favourites at the start of this season.

Nothing arrogant about just assuming you were presumably the favourites though.

"Only competition they care about" is made up and we were favourites after round 1... You'll have to do better.

It's been 7 years since we've lost to an English team under the cap and 5 since we've lost to a French team that didn't reach the Top 14 final in that year and those were all in France.

We're clearly beatable but why would anyone expect it?!

Yeah I won't knock someone for being confident about their teams chances and saying you expect to win. It would be a pretty shite attitude if you're playing/coaching, but we can forgive the fans I think. I'd be perfectly honest if I thought we were favorites. I was very confident going into the second Exeter leg as an example and am always obnoxious when Ireland are good.

The whole haven't lost to a capped English side really just means a win over Exeter last year, beating Exeter home and away five years ago, and a wing against Wasps back in 2017.
Team Place PPG +/-
2021-2022
Leicester 1st 3.9 +102 after 22 games (this weekend)
Bath Last 1.3 -289 after 22 games

2020-2021
Northampton 5th 2.6 +12
Exeter 2nd 3.7 +268

2019-2020
Northampton 8th 1.9 -109

2018-2019
Bath 6th 2.5 +1
Wasps 8th 2.3 -69

2017-2018
Exeter 1st 3.9 +264

2016-2017
Northampton 7th 2.4 -14
Wasps 1st 3.8 +191

2015-2016
loss against an English side but a pity win against bath
Bath 9th 2.2 -25

Yeah I won't knock someone for being confident about their teams chances and saying you expect to win. It would be a pretty shite attitude if you're playing/coaching, but we can forgive the fans I think. I'd be perfectly honest if I thought we were favorites. I was very confident going into the second Exeter leg as an example and am always obnoxious when Ireland are good.
I'm going hard to earn an invitation this year

Don't think it fans being confident comes across as arrogant more travel agent taking deposits for final and some media sprouting BS that have Leinster classed arrogant. And subconsciously it can sneak in to olayers mentalities. Really believe that happened Munster in 2009.
On game what is Leicester really like. Have they got back to team of old level or is Premiership just very poor

Don't think it fans being confident comes across as arrogant more travel agent taking deposits for final and some media sprouting BS that have Leinster classed arrogant. And subconsciously it can sneak in to olayers mentalities. Really believe that happened Munster in 2009.
On game what is Leicester really like. Have they got back to team of old level or is Premiership just very poor
No punches held. Love it

Let's not forget that 2nd place Munster couldn't beat 6th place Exeter at Exeter in the champions cup.
Even Falcons have beaten Exeter at sandy park lol

Latest posts