• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Rd 3

There'll be question marks about his defence there, but Umaga looks better at 15 than 10 so far,
Less pressure, which he could rarely handle, I guess

Hmmm the ref said ball was lifted after saying don't play the 9. But he was offside?

He's gonna give a red

Edit: I think that's a bit harsh. That's a yellow in my opinion

Yeah this is gonna be a red,

Didn't dip anywhere near as much as I thought on first watch

Still feels harsh though, technically legal tackle, with accidental head clash, should be yellow IMO

This will be a big ban for Umaga now, surely?
Can't halve the ban when it's his first game back from a red card ban

He could've tackled lower though.

Players have no excuse now if you don't want to risk it go low and take losing a meter.
Are u watching the game? Atkinson already had him round the legs, Umaga was bending, obviously not enough but the player almost appeared to hurle himself forward, I don't think u can throw a statement like tackle lower in this one, Umaga probably needed to avoid contact, it's just how it happened timing wise etc.

Are u watching the game? Atkinson already had him round the legs, Umaga was bending, obviously not enough but the player almost appeared to hurle himself forward, I don't think u can throw a statement like tackle lower in this one, Umaga probably needed to avoid contact, it's just how it happened timing wise etc.
I feel in slow mo it looks worse, the attacker changes direction so can't be set to go in lower.

Body position/angle of the bend at the hips is looked at a lot these days
Umaga was bent at the knee but not the waist and that's why there was head on head

I feel in slow mo it looks worse, the attacker changes direction so can't be set to go in lower.
Yeah slow Mo tends to do that, I mean it was one of those that could go either way, I'm not overly upset that it was the most harsh sanction, my point was simply tackle lower IMHO isn't really applicable in the context of this one, just avoid it or as AH said use the other shoulder then the head contact probably wouldn't happen just one of those unfortunate timing things you pay the price for, very similar circumstances without resulting in head contact leading to red cards probably happen multiple times in a game it's easy to over analyse the rare occasions that happens.

Barbeary milked that ha

Edit: actually worse than I first thought. This is a red because of the force

Ooph tough one. Changed his height a lot there, but probably a red with how things are now.

Didn't see the one earlier for reference. Was it similar?

Ooph tough one. Changed his height a lot there, but probably a red with how things are now.

Didn't see the one earlier for reference. Was it similar?
Nah, but it was a harsh red so if the ref is feeling harsh this should be one too

Latest posts