• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Rd 4

Literally starting a global pandemic just so you can qualify for the Heineken Cup knockouts,
Tigers shame really does know no bounds
It ok so we win get 3rd seed then IF we make semis we home as not hope Tigers will

Thing is has Covid really changed who has qualified in any real way?

Who has benefitted?

Pool A:

Montpellier 5 points to Montpellier, but 9th still, so probably going to miss out anyway.
Bath & La Rochelle - 2 points but both still where they would roughly be.
Sale & Clermont - 2 points Could maybe argue that this has pushed Sale just that bit higher, but only be with Montpellier who are another beneficiary.
Racing - 5 points may put Racing higher than they would have been, but Racing win was still the likely outcome.

Pool B:
Bristol - 7 points possibly the team to benefit the most based on form you could argue that had Scarlets won this game it could have given them momentum and a draw basically meant they were likely of qualification. However they beat Stade to back it up so...
Bordeaux - 2 points. Still qualified regardless and probably would have won
Scarlets - 2 points. Their only points. Could things have been different if they could have played the first match, definitely one of the biggest losers from the cancelled games.
Toulouse & Wasps - 2 points. With Wasps winning the week after this is probably the biggest potential upset, but I still think Toulouse will scrape through.
Stade Francais - 2 points their only 2 points so not benefitted.
Leicester - 4 points, only really guaranteed a top 2 finish.
Cardiff - 5 points - Again like Scarlets a bit of what could have been had they been able to field a full strength team. Definitely helped them to qualify if they do, but hard to begrudge them after the opening rounds as Teddington mentioned above.

Overall I don't see any team except Bristol benefitting hugely and unless Toulouse do miss out, no huge upsets.

we make semis we home as not hope Tigers will
Good Burger Reading GIF

Can't bottle it if you haven't been the favorite in a single semi final in the past 8 years, but at least we're consistent

Bordeaux fans getting upset about it being cancelled forgetting the fact their head coach had already said he was focusing on this game and most likely isn't wanting to risk his stats regardless.

Restrictions on crowds quite unexpectedly lift in Ireland tomorrow so there will probs be a last minute push to try get our stadium filled up a bit, although I would say 10'000 would be a good result with such short notice

Bordeaux fans getting upset about it being cancelled forgetting the fact their head coach had already said he was focusing on this game and most likely isn't wanting to risk his stats regardless.
1642788816148.png

1st guy: "It gives a funny impression and a big lack of clarity... sharing points when the English can't move, green carpet when it's the French.. ??"
2nd guy: "Yeah, these English ****s have been rigging games for years"

My stream is slightly behind so I'll be slower in the uptake than usual. This is going..... Poorly for Quins. Gone awfully quiet.

Latest posts