• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Round of 16 (1st Leg)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 11.09.49.png

Looking forward to heading to Sandy Park for this game. I gather Exeter aren't in prime form. Neither are we for that matter and a lot will depend on injuries. If we can field the likes of Beirne, Kilcoyne and Coombes I will be confident. I don't think we will have any of those though. Some selection calls too.

I think as a neutral the Tigers Clermont games will be good watching. Both sides I think will win at home, but Leicester to take the fixture.

Toulouse and Ulster should be tasty too, but I think Toulouse win the aggregate game.

My money on
Leinster easy win
Stade Rochelle tight win
Sale easy win
Toulouse easy win (Ulster coming from a tough SA tour)
Munster win
Racing easy win
Montpellier tight win
Tigers tight win

Caps
Leinster by 13
Bordeaux by 4
Sale by 6
Toulouse by 12
Exeter by 5
Racing by 6
Montpellier by 4
Clermont by 3

I recon on half of those someone just shrugged and went 'eh, home team I guess'. Munster +5 is probably the value one.

I think Ulster game may be closer (I am inherently biased) but did a lot of mixing and matching in SA and there is a drop off from the connections formed between McCloskey/Hume, a back 3 involving balacoune and Lowry etc, plus the altitude really took effect v bulls
Not saying a win, Toulouse should be favourites but I'm dead excited for that game, could be some outrageous rugby

Only hoping that Ulster got some decent altitude training sessions in over in SA and come back in better form than the 2 games we played out there!

Wow Leinster will steamroll Connacht but 2nd row trio (4,5,19) is a glaring reason why they need lads back from injury if they have want to go the full way.

Disappointed we didn't at least put McCarthy on the bench ahead of Toner.

Definitely the best team Tigs have put out in Europe this season. No Nadolo is a shame but otherwise pretty exciting

Definitely the best team Tigs have put out in Europe this season. No Nadolo is a shame but otherwise pretty exciting
Yeah looks like Borthwick finally taking it seriously.

09.04.22_Bristol_Home_HCC_TeamNews_Newsletter.jpg

No Curry is annoying, and surprised at Metcalf on the wing but he's looked great in the prem cup so trust the youth, I guess
I wouldn't have started Manu, either, tbh

Munster: Mike Haley; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Simon Zebo; Ben Healy, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O'Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, John Ryan, Jason Jenkins, Thomas Ahern, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Jack O'Sullivan.

Well we're down 5 guaranteed starters not counting the likes of Snyman. Will be a big big ask of us. With that said, I like Healy starting. He's the kind of guy you want in a knockout game. Also happy Hodnett is starting. I won't harp on the front row, but I'm concerned.

Latest posts