• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Round of 16 (1st Leg)

I didn't even think he was offside tbh - looked onside as the ball was lifted, which is fine

Just looked on the highlights and still think he looks onside

Barnes was clearly the best ref in the world just over the year ago. He may be a little past his prime now but that doesn't make him a clown. He got a call wrong, it happens 20 times a game at the professional level. Life goes on.

Yeah the forward pass to Lyttle was blatantly a mile forward, I would be ****** off if that happened to us, but the intercept was fine for me. Baloucoune unlike the rest of his team got off the line when the ball was lifted, not passed. The red as well, was about as red as they come, but I don't think anyone is disputing that.

Did the ref look at an in the side for the Toulouse first try? I assume he did, but just ruled it immaterial because O'Sullivan had just flopped in illegally himself? Probably fair, but I hate those in the side clearouts all the same.

Barnes was clearly the best ref in the world just over the year ago. He may be a little past his prime now but that doesn't make him a clown. He got a call wrong, it happens 20 times a game at the professional level. Life goes on.
He called 2 tries wrong. But you're right life goes on. People are still smiling here so it's all good.

Latest posts