• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Round of 16 (2nd Leg)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1649845133540.png

Website.jpg

After last week it's hard to get excited about this

I wanted to say I'll be getting into this to learn the format seeing as the Stormers are very likely to participate next season and at least one team from SA will be guaranteed but looking at that line up I see there already is one. Though I understand Lood and Faf are off. Possibly a good thing for the club? "Flavor"-wise I mean.

BTW, how has Cobus Wiese been for you guys? I felt we were going to miss the potential he showed at WP but we didn't play any rugby for a good long while and have found a few gems to mitigate the loss.

I wanted to say I'll be getting into this to learn the format seeing as the Stormers are very likely to participate next season and at least one team from SA will be guaranteed but looking at that line up I see there already is one. Though I understand Lood and Faf are off. Possibly a good thing for the club? "Flavor"-wise I mean.

BTW, how has Cobus Wiese been for you guys? I felt we were going to miss the potential he showed at WP but we didn't play any rugby for a good long while and have found a few gems to mitigate the loss.
Lood, Faf and JP are off - Rohan likely to be too - rumours of Coenie and Akker but think they're staying (Axe hasn't even hinted they won't be here next season, and times ticking)

Cobus has been a great pick up - picked up a couple of injuries but that's the nature of the way he plays the game, really. Hits anything moves, and hard, huge gas tank/gets through a ton of work - I prefer him at 6, but does well at lock (I prefer JL at 6 to lock, too, and would rather him at 6 and Wiese at lock than vice versa)
Not as explosive/dynamic as his brother, but also not a walking red card so it evens out

View attachment 13789

We really could do with a lock or two back before we beat Leicester.

Quite nervous that we won't see Ryan back this season. No update on Baird this week also probably not a great sign. Disappointed that again we haven't gone for McCarthy on the bench at least. Especially for this round it would make sense with Kelleher back.

Assuming Larmour wasn't quite fit enough yet.

15. Mike Haley
14. Keith Earls
13. Chris Farrell
12. Damian de Allende
11. Simon Zebo
10. Joey Carbery
9. Conor Murray
1.Josh Wycherley
2. Niall Scannell
3. John Ryan
4. Jean Kleyn
5. Fineen Wycherley
6. Peter O'Mahony (capt)
7. John Hodnett
8. Jack O'Donoghue

Replacements:

16. Diarmuid Barron
17. Jeremy Loughman
18. Stephen Archer
19. Jason Jenkins
20. Thomas Ahern
21. Craig Casey
22. Ben Healy
23. Alex Kendellen

Think it's a slightly stronger side this week. Ryan starting is positive and I think it's the kind of game Zebo will thrive in. Surprised Kendellen made it with the RTP.

Last edited:
Agreed on the kits.

Surely Keenan is lucky there not to get a yellow? I don't think he was committed enough to compete properly for that.. if that was 70th minute I think that goes to the TMO

Latest posts