• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Round of 16 (2nd Leg)

if Toulouse win this game ulster should be very ashamed of themselves

btw orla was right, their songs are cracker

Bloody finally,
Ulster were down to 11 men during that attack and Toulouse still looked absolutely clueless - if they hadn't scored their coach would've had a damn heart attack

yeah that's a great round. Toulouse found a way to win even though they didn't show their best each week.

Dupont playing as a utility back role really opens things up, I wonder if they'll bring Germain on earlier in the future

Mad old game,

I don't watch the French league so don't know if that's how Toulouse have played all season but they looked so disorganised/like headless chickens on attack. If it weren't for Dupont/Ntamack pulling magic out of thin air they would've been handily beaten

Toulouse ostensibly at home it is. Dublin is not a home game though. I'd rather it be played in a random GAA stadium than the Aviva.

**** Ed Sheeran

Was at the game. Atmosphere was pretty great throughout.

Gutted we lost it though. Something just isn't quite there with us sometimes, we're lacking a ruthless streak. I think we were the better team over both legs but absolutely our own fault for throwing that away.

Just goes to show the squad Toulouse have, pretty bad the entire game and still put 30 on us.

Really impressed with the coaching at all the Irish provinces. Ulster managed their period down a yellow card excellently and Connaucht out performs their budget. Ulster played really well and with a better round of 16 draw they'd be in a quarterfinal.

Toulouse really needs to get their **** together cause I don't see them getting lucky two rounds in a row.

Lood, Faf and JP are off - Rohan likely to be too - rumours of Coenie and Akker but think they're staying (Axe hasn't even hinted they won't be here next season, and times ticking)

Cobus has been a great pick up - picked up a couple of injuries but that's the nature of the way he plays the game, really. Hits anything moves, and hard, huge gas tank/gets through a ton of work - I prefer him at 6, but does well at lock (I prefer JL at 6 to lock, too, and would rather him at 6 and Wiese at lock than vice versa)
Not as explosive/dynamic as his brother, but also not a walking red card so it evens out
Glad to hear you are getting value from him at least. Agree he is a blindside flank and I also feel JLdP is one as well. But if they aren't too short to play at lock in your comp then I suppose there is extra value because few out and out locks add so much ball in hand.

They got their **** together by qualifying away from home. What else are they supposed to do.
We were missing 5 first-starters (Baille Marchand Cros Placines Guitoune). We have an injury crisis at centre. Malia is suspended, Chocobares and Guitoune are injured. We are down to one centre (Akhi). Bonneval is also out. Nanai-Williams was playing out of position as a centre (he's a 10).

Fair play to the ref there sending off both props

16 team group stage with double legged quarter final btw.

Honestly it's great with rugby cause of the amount of points scored.

Latest posts