• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Round of 16 (2nd Leg)

you allow a tackle after the whistle and you are surprised a scuffle breaks out

FQkB_2UXsAkdTKv.jpeg

Bottom two ties are probably the pick of the fixtures.

Prediction:

Racing v LAR
Leinster v Toulouse

LAR v Leinster

Winner of final depends on whether we get Ryan back.

Last edited:
Wasn't a ruck lol

See I dislike the playing the ball on the ground rule when it's open play
Always a tough one but,the first definition of Rugby is a game played by players on there feet.
So would require a total change in the definition of our game.
However frustrating personally would never change but can see others thought's.
But the can of worms of people off feet doesn't need to be opened as it will add so much interpretation that it doesn't worth visiting.

Toulouse ostensibly at home it is. Dublin is not a home game though. I'd rather it be played in a random GAA stadium than the Aviva.

**** Ed Sheeran

I'd suggest a very non-random stadium...

Somewhere like the Gaelic Grounds would do quite well...

April/Early May is usually the time to get us. We peak around November and Christmas looking to do so again for playoffs.

Can't see many of our top guys playing too many minutes in SA. A ten point buffer at the top with, more or less, a guaranteed BP win in the last round of the URC means we can treat it as a bit of a warm weather preparation camp.

Leicester won't be easy but we shouldn't lose playing to our standards.

You probably don't need to have much of an off day though for them to stun you.

We'll have to have an off day and I'll have to be stunned then. Guarantee the players will take it all very seriously but looking from a fan's perspective we haven't lost to an English team other than Sarries since 2015. I don't rate these guys as much as the cap breaking Sarries teams and think we're as strong as we were for most of that period.

Unfortunately I can't make it, a Welford rd trip will have to wait.

Wiese to cripple Sexton within the opening minutes and Leinster to capitulate

Playing Ireland in a quarter final is usually pretty straightforward

I'd suggest a very non-random stadium...

Somewhere like the Gaelic Grounds would do quite well...
Issue is we pay approx €500k minimum in rent to GAA and that before they go through their process. So financially only makes sense to play at Aviva. Strongly suspect too if Ulster vs Munster was the tie then it would be at Aviva too.

On Leinster. They are probably the strongest squad left but a vwry dangerous burden is there now that effectively the mood is if they don't win the competition out it a massive massive failure.

That takes the pressure off of us big time. And Toulouse have already bagged a Grand Slam.

I do genuinely believe that playing in Thomond is worth a tangible 10 or so points for us.

That said we should do a decent job at filling the Aviva and have played there so much over the last couple seasons. Our record there is..... Bad though. I don't blame anyone for Thomond not being available, for all Munster knew the knockouts would be the same time as last year when they booked the concerts. It's unfortunate, but is what it is. I also accept it had to be the Aviva over any other ground. Everyone needs the revenue.

For me an interesting group of 1/4 s coming up.
See favourites in most games but not by much in theory home sides always do well stats tend to back it up.
Racing.
La Rochelle
Look worthy favourites.
Other games are very close.
Leinster slight favourites for me.
Munster Toulose will be so tight to call.
Wild guess Leinster only away winners.
Stick your money on everything I've guessed at.
Lol.

@TRF_Olyy should add after rewatching game for us Saturday and well watch Mike Haley since he has been here we have been blessed.
A brilliant underrated operator who showed he is just as good at 9 as he is at 15.
Not saying he should be a starter for Ireland as I do rate Keenan but definitely Mike wouldn't be out of place in an international scene.

@TRF_Olyy should add after rewatching game for us Saturday and well watch Mike Haley since he has been here we have been blessed.
A brilliant underrated operator who showed he is just as good at 9 as he is at 15.
Not saying he should be a starter for Ireland as I do rate Keenan but definitely Mike wouldn't be out of place in an international scene.
Schitts Creek Seriously GIF by CBC

Latest posts