• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup Semi Final: Saracens v Munster

Hard to see Munster doing it especially with proud Munsterman Joey Carbery 'highly unlikely' to be fit. They've still got Conway and Beirne though, so it should be okay.

In all seriousness, Saracens are a brilliant team, and while Munster definitely have a chance I don't think they have the attacking game to go there and win.

Hard to see Munster doing it especially with proud Munsterman Joey Carbery 'highly unlikely' to be fit. They've still got Conway and Beirne though, so it should be okay.

In all seriousness, Saracens are a brilliant team, and while Munster definitely have a chance I don't think they have the attacking game to go there and win.
In fairness most are saying this game probably suits a Tyler more than a Joey. Tyler is hitting some serious form and well the experience of 2 years ago will stand to him hugely.
Of course Sarries away are a tough as but in the Ricoh it's not as hard and especially when the rumours are there will be 20k Munster fans there.
I think the absense of Brad B as well as Mako is huge too.

I'd definitely back Series but would not be at all surprised if Munster nicked it.

Using two years ago as a reference I don't think Munster have improved or gotten worse while I don't think Sarries are quite the team they were then.

I'd definitely back Series but would not be at all surprised if Munster nicked it.

Using two years ago as a reference I don't think Munster have improved or gotten worse while I don't think Sarries are quite the team they were then.
A fair reflection. I think we have got better. Remember for 60mins we were in it last year and that was despite Tyler having his worst game for us, Duncan Williams playing a full 80 at 9, Jean Deysel playing with a cracked rib.
Now don't get me wrong the better team won. Sarries are a serious team but we got a result away to Exeter. A draw there is good and when you compare them to Sarries I would say they are better this season.

But like you say there isn't a whole lot in it. Sarries are favourites but I don't think there is massive differences.

MUNSTER: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Darren Sweetnam; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O'Mahony (capt), Jack O'Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, Arno Botha, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Dan Goggin.

SARACENS: Alex Goode; Sean Maitland, Alex Lozowski, Brad Barritt (capt), Liam Williams; Owen Farrell, Ben Spencer; Mako Vunipola, Jamie George, ***i Lamositele; Maro Itoje, George Kruis; Michael Rhodes, Jackson Wray, Billy Vunipola.

Earls a huge loss for us but well the heat here will decide this. We have been to South Of France alot at this time of year and here is much worst this weekend. We had major ice baths this evening to calm muscles after captain's run. Lads seem relaxed and well we are expected to be beaten by 9 or 10 so should have np fear

I just had to double check that this game is still being played in Coventry!
It's been warm here today but worse than South of France?? Come on...

Earls is a big loss but not a gamebreaking one, I don't think him being out is the winning and losing of the game, same with Joey. Saracens should win this by about 10 points but Munster have a definite chance.

A Munster v Leinster final would be amazing.

I was feeling good about this game until the last couple of days. Listening to the punditry it sounds like nobody is giving us much of a shot and Saracens have all their big names coming back into the team. Earls being unavailable is a big loss. When we need a moment of magic, he's usually the person to provide it. Carbery is a big loss too, though if Tyler is on song he'll be invaluable.

More than that, not only are we now dealing with six semi-final defeats in a row, but it's also Saracens who spanked us two years ago in Ireland, and Billy Vunipola is in the team. If we lose this one it's going to hurt. And realistically I think Munster will lose a tight enough game. But if we can defend well as we have been doing all season, and get some return from the set piece, I think we're still in with a decent chance. My confidence isn't where it was a week ago, but I guess that happens this close to the big games.

A Munster vs Leinster final would be something. Seems like it's overdue to happen at this point, considering the pedigree of both teams. Though it would have seemed more likely about a decade ago.

I find it really surprising that Saracens are such strong favourites considering their recent form and it's mhndger in knock out rugby.
I actually expected Munster to be favourites when I checked

Why have Saracens moved the game to Coventry? Of all places...

Why have Saracens moved the game to Coventry? Of all places...
Only Leinster are allowed a home semi final

Presume the London stadiums are either in use or not worth the cost with expected crowd sizes (15k in Twickenham wouldn't look great on TV)

Only Leinster are allowed a home semi final

Presume the London stadiums are either in use or not worth the cost with expected crowd sizes (15k in Twickenham wouldn't look great on TV)

I'm surprised they didn't just stay at home, and have an actual advantage. I expect there will be more Munster fans that Sarries, in the Ricoh.

Will definitely be more Munster fans at this I'd say. I'm heading from London right now which is a logistical ballache with the trains. No easier for Sarries fans I'd imagine.

Will definitely be more Munster fans at this I'd say. I'm heading from London right now which is a logistical ballache with the trains. No easier for Sarries fans I'd imagine.
Saw an article that reckoned Munster bringing 8k and Sarries 4k

I'm surprised they didn't just stay at home, and have an actual advantage. I expect there will be more Munster fans that Sarries, in the Ricoh.

Isn't it supposed to be a neutral venue but in the home country?

Leinster justify playing at the Aviva as it's not actually their home ground.

Latest posts