• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2013/14 Pool 1, Round 4 (Ospreys v Castres, Leinster v Northampton)

Draggs

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What an ending! Fair play to Northampton, great turnaround from last week. Love the double header HEC rounds.

Big Ewis

BANNED!!!
Reaction score
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulon

big respect out for NH. I was preparing to say after Leinster would've scored that try that the better team tonight lost (hypothetically NH). NH played better, their defense was awesome in stretches, and very involved and organized throughout. They (well, Pisi) even managed to annihilate 5 points.
They sued their power well, in the scrums noticeably and the mauls and counter-mauling the Irish. They played the whole 80min, impressive.
Huge turnaround, major respect for them.

ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

England

Thrilling game.

Got to agree re: Garces - absolutely baffling decisions at the breakdown, although he was doing it to both sides equally.

I think the general rule to apply at the breakdown is "can he stand fully upright without pushing himself from the floor - i.e. deadlift the ball?" if he can't then he's not fully supporting his bodyweight.

Also, was the Fotuali'i drop goal actually a drop goal? It looked like he box kicked it!

Last edited:

Fingal

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Well done NH but Leinster were so disappointing. Someone at Leinster should try off loading "Irish international" Michael Bent to London Irish to help Orish up the Nots-Nots squad. He doesn't look up to the task even at LH.

big ginger 8

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Excuse me while I go and punch Garces and Hartley in the face.

**** them for ruining my birthday.

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Well.... ****!

Here's a thought for Leinster, don't ****ing kick the ball to touch if you don't contest the ****ing line out and the best possible outcome is getting the ball back from where you started.

Well done Northampton, you played a smart enough game to win.... That's ****ing hard to say!

Rich Taff

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Cardiff

It's your 18th, what are you doing on TRF?
Being sensible, just like we all were on our 18th. (His mum may be reading this forum, you never know what story he's told!)

Happy birthday BG ;)

lynam1104

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

**** that my face feels wired now

snoopy snoopy dog dog

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Club or Nation

Leinster

Well played Northampton, they bullied Leinster up front. Leinster will be gutted that they not only lost the game but the losing bonus point at the end. With that they go from bookies favourites for the competition to outsiders for a home quarter final. These small differences are what makes this a great competition.

Northampton were full value for their win. The fans who came over are a credit to their club and out sung the home support all day long. Leinster played poorly but that's because Northampton forced errors all game long.

big ginger 8

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Thanks, for the well wishes lads.

The answer Draggs? Just checking in while I collect some money.

big ginger 8

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Haha good call. Hope you enjoyed yourself lad.
Yeah had a good time, couldn't do too much cause I'm in the middle of exams but the weekend coming will be good.