• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2013/14 Pool 1, Round 4 (Ospreys v Castres, Leinster v Northampton)

Ospreys v Blues next week, and Christmas, so probably saving money for that weekend.

Ospreys v Blues next week, and Christmas, so probably saving money for that weekend.

.............then surely they have missed a marketing trick in pricing the match? Even dear old Biarritz were doing a two for one deal with children going free for a 20.45 kick off!!

.............then surely they have missed a marketing trick in pricing the match? Even dear old Biarritz were doing a two for one deal with children going free for a 20.45 kick off!!
Yeah, to a degree. Blues used to chuck plenty of freebies out but still couldn't get bums into CCS seats. Liberty is a terrible stadium location, awkward to get to, only thing around it are large stores like Currys et al. CAP and RP are both in the city and easy to get to compared to Liberty. Plenty of pubs and restaurants too.

OK.. then you have to wonder why joining the Aviva would make a difference really..........but that is for another thread!!

OK.. then you have to wonder why joining the Aviva would make a difference really..........but that is for another thread!!
One could argue that playing teams in England would be a more attractive prospect. Easier to get to bath and London than Treviso and Galway. As you say, for another thread mate :p.
Osp v Castres not awful, just missing some finishing.

Agreed.....it has not stepped up and neither side are showing any real back play other than the break that saw the yellow and now it is a monsoon it cannot get any better!!

Only thing good about this game was the performance of the ref...............great game for him and a guy for the future is our Luke!

Didn't watch the match but agree on Luke Pearce, he's pretty good.
He does a really ****ing stupid voice when he calls the scrums though, it's really irritating.

Didn't watch the match but agree on Luke Pearce, he's pretty good.
He does a really ****ing stupid voice when he calls the scrums though, it's really irritating.

Come on Rats if that is all that is wrong with him compared to the likes of Clancey, Lacey, Fitzgibbon, Barnes, Joubert etc etc etc...................I loooooooooovvvvvve him!!!

One could argue that playing teams in England would be a more attractive prospect. Easier to get to bath and London than Treviso and Galway. As you say, for another thread mate :p.

Galway would be a **** tonne more craic though!!! I've never been there and not seen Eric Elwood drinking.

We need more refereeing of the standard of the Top 14. There aren't enough penaltyfests with no tries in other games!

That would be my thoughts entirely!!!

Mind you the French home teams never like the French refs either judging by the booing - all home crowds except a guy we had for the Montpellier game whoe seemed to get up their nose a bit more than ours!!

Trouble is that the French seem to blame anyone but their teams for their problems.....................or may be leave the words "but their teams" out there!!

Last edited:
Dom waldouck injured so north is in the centre !!! Big centre partnership that ! Burrell and North . SOB out injured too

This game at the Aviva should be the game of the round if Saints turn up?

A lot of mention of Ulster vs Northampton last year and how they came back and won - difference is Ulster didn't have the strength in depth or experience as Leinster then and I'm expecting a decent Leinster win. 34-28 to Leinster I'm gonna go for

Kearney should have seen yellow then :/ very very cynical .....

North in centre = power play !

Latest posts