• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2013/14 Pool 1, Round 4 (Ospreys v Castres, Leinster v Northampton)

What an ending! Fair play to Northampton, great turnaround from last week. Love the double header HEC rounds.

big respect out for NH. I was preparing to say after Leinster would've scored that try that the better team tonight lost (hypothetically NH). NH played better, their defense was awesome in stretches, and very involved and organized throughout. They (well, Pisi) even managed to annihilate 5 points.
They sued their power well, in the scrums noticeably and the mauls and counter-mauling the Irish. They played the whole 80min, impressive.
Huge turnaround, major respect for them.

Thrilling game.

Got to agree re: Garces - absolutely baffling decisions at the breakdown, although he was doing it to both sides equally.

I think the general rule to apply at the breakdown is "can he stand fully upright without pushing himself from the floor - i.e. deadlift the ball?" if he can't then he's not fully supporting his bodyweight.

Also, was the Fotuali'i drop goal actually a drop goal? It looked like he box kicked it!

Last edited:
Well done NH but Leinster were so disappointing. Someone at Leinster should try off loading "Irish international" Michael Bent to London Irish to help Orish up the Nots-Nots squad. He doesn't look up to the task even at LH.

Excuse me while I go and punch Garces and Hartley in the face.

**** them for ruining my birthday.

Well.... ****!

Here's a thought for Leinster, don't ****ing kick the ball to touch if you don't contest the ****ing line out and the best possible outcome is getting the ball back from where you started.

Well done Northampton, you played a smart enough game to win.... That's ****ing hard to say!

Well played Northampton, they bullied Leinster up front. Leinster will be gutted that they not only lost the game but the losing bonus point at the end. With that they go from bookies favourites for the competition to outsiders for a home quarter final. These small differences are what makes this a great competition.

Northampton were full value for their win. The fans who came over are a credit to their club and out sung the home support all day long. Leinster played poorly but that's because Northampton forced errors all game long.

Thanks, for the well wishes lads.

The answer Draggs? Just checking in while I collect some money.

Latest posts