Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Heineken%20Cup.png

Pool Five, Round Two
Leicester.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Benetton.png

Welford Road, Leicester (18/10/2013, 20:00 Local Time)

Montpellier.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Ulster.png

Stade Yves-du-Manoir (19/10/2013, 16:40 Local Time)

Big game. Big big game.

Last year, we beat Castres in France.

Year before, we should have beaten Clermont (but for blind Dave, we would have), got the losing bonus instead.

But this has the potential to be very ugly.

I'm never very confident when Ulster play away and I'm usually pretty pessimistic, but for some reason I feel we can do this - provided Afoa and Pienaar start.
Although I haven't really seen Montpellier play that much this year..

I'm never very confident when Ulster play away and I'm usually pretty pessimistic, but for some reason I feel we can do this - provided Afoa and Pienaar start.
Although I haven't really seen Montpellier play that much this year..

Be afraid....................very afraid!

Unbeaten at home, including tanking Clermont 43-3.

You also forgot the 25-0 spanking of Toulouse at the begining of Sept. We are joint top in this seasons TOP 14 you need to be worried, only Toulon managed a draw in the Yves du Manoir this season, the rest lost, prep is good and our in house spy Jimmy Nagusa will reveal all but not before Sat pm.

Things have changed a lot since Nagusa's day to be fair. Think his last season was my first as an Ulster fan.

I'd back a full strength, fully firing Ulster to travel anywhere in hope - but we're clearly not at full strength yet.

Things have changed a lot since Nagusa's day to be fair. Think his last season was my first as an Ulster fan.

I'd back a full strength, fully firing Ulster to travel anywhere in hope - but we're clearly not at full strength yet.

Lets not start making excuses already!!!!! We have a massive injury list but still have plenty of class players to do the business on Sat, and if we were, or will be, firing on all cylinders BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets not start making excuses already!!!!! We have a massive injury list but still have plenty of class players to do the business on Sat, and if we were, or will be, firing on all cylinders BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not even we have a huge injury list - its just that we have too many key players only just reappearing now and that we are very disjointed as a result.

Its not even we have a huge injury list - its just that we have too many key players only just reappearing now and that we are very disjointed as a result.

Still sounds like, just in case excuses, but then i can understand having to come to TOP of the Table Montpellier, that is Top of the Table TOP 14 I can understand your concern. I was at training Tuesday and the boys look razor sharp. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ulster to win by 5 . Either way I think it will be close . The losing team will be within 7 points I would think . Never easy to go away to France though ....

Ulster to win by 5 . Either way I think it will be close . The losing team will be within 7 points I would think . Never easy to go away to France though ....

Will there be any money placed on this or is it another British pipe dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still sounds like, just in case excuses, but then i can understand having to come to TOP of the Table Montpellier, that is Top of the Table TOP 14 I can understand your concern. I was at training Tuesday and the boys look razor sharp. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pride comes before the fall there gaston! :lol:

We can win. We completely and utterly destroyed Northampton (eventual Premiership finalists) in Franklins Gardens last year and we have the tools in our arsenal to beat Montpellier*.

*IMO mainly relying on our good kick chase and tactical kicking game to keep turning your pack back into their own half. You cannot carry that weight around the pitch and not suffer for it in the last 20 mins. We have to run a high tempo game and stretch the legs to tire your big men out. But we must be much more precise than were were last week against Leicester... otherwise we'll get a hiding.

*IMO mainly relying on our good kick chase and tactical kicking game to keep turning your pack back into their own half. You cannot carry that weight around the pitch and not suffer for it in the last 20 mins. We have to run a high tempo game and stretch the legs to tire your big men out. But we must be much more precise than were were last week against Leicester... otherwise we'll get a hiding.

That sums it up really well but Motpellier are just too good to allow this to happen!! Howver, I do believe it will be very close................

Pride comes before the fall there gaston! :lol:

We can win. We completely and utterly destroyed Northampton (eventual Premiership finalists) in Franklins Gardens last year and we have the tools in our arsenal to beat Montpellier*.

Pride always before the fall, if not we would not be supporting our teams, and the fall is now out of my hands, but if you employ your kick and chase you will be playing into our hands as our backs are lightening fast and as all good French teams can play with the ball in hand, so please do kick. Our pack will not tire in the last 20 mins we are probably one of the fastest teams in France along with Toulouse but it will be a good test for Montpellier and an excellent weekend for any travelling supporters as the city is young and vibrant. Just hate seeing grown Irishmen crying into thier Guiness which can be found in Francois Trinh-Duc's bar Le Chistera just off the place de Comedie, a little more expensive than you would pay no doubt in Belfast, hey but that's life have a good weekend!!!!

but if you employ your kick and chase you will be playing into our hands as our backs are lightening fast and as all good French teams can play with the ball in hand, so please do kick.

A great kick is only as good as the chase and line that follows it.

We have to get both the kick spot on and the chase right. Otherwise your backs will rip us apart.

Our pack will not tire in the last 20 mins we are probably one of the fastest teams in France along with Toulouse

They have to! Whats your pack weight? I've read during the week they are on average 7kg heavier than us!!

Just hate seeing grown Irishmen crying into thier Guiness which can be found in Francois Trinh-Duc's bar Le Chistera just off the place de Comedie, a little more expensive than you would pay no doubt in Belfast, hey but that's life have a good weekend!!!!

Ah, dunno... a pint of stout is nearly 4 quid these days in Belfast.

Last time I was seriously on the sauce in France (Mulligans in Toulouse, recommend it), a pint was less than €5.

Be afraid....................very afraid!

Will there be any money placed on this or is it another British pipe dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sums it up really well but Motpellier are just too good to allow this to happen!! Howver, I do believe it will be very close................

Pride always before the fall, if not we would not be supporting our teams, and the fall is now out of my hands, but if you employ your kick and chase you will be playing into our hands as our backs are lightening fast and as all good French teams can play with the ball in hand, so please do kick. Our pack will not tire in the last 20 mins we are probably one of the fastest teams in France along with Toulouse but it will be a good test for Montpellier and an excellent weekend for any travelling supporters as the city is young and vibrant. Just hate seeing grown Irishmen crying into thier Guiness which can be found in Francois Trinh-Duc's bar Le Chistera just off the place de Comedie, a little more expensive than you would pay no doubt in Belfast, hey but that's life have a good weekend!!!!

All that French enthusiasm and unnecessary punctuation!

(Ah, dunno... a pint of stout is nearly 4 quid these days in Belfast.)

I think these days its about 8/10 € but still cheaper than having to go to Ireland to get it but hopefully will be there in Jan for the return match.

Latest posts