• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup ¼ Finals

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Simknab @ Jan 31 2010, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't see Munster losing to Northampton, and Toulouse have been much more seducing than Paris over the past few weeks. I don't think we're gonna be surprised by one of these two matches.

Biarritz is probably able to lose to Ospreys. But considering the match between them and Clermont, if Biarritz make a serious match it should be ok. I've not been impressed at all by the welsh side at that time. Though on the paper Ospreys look nice.

And the last one is hard to predict. Clermont can win, but it's gonna be a tough match. However I think Leinster is gonna make it for the semi-finals. Well as a Toulouse supporter I prefer Leinster in semi-final since we've proved very weak against Clermont, even at home.[/b]

On current form you're right, but things will change before the QFs. Form may dip or rise and key players may be injured. i believe there is another big european rugby tournament happening which will inevitibly see some internationals get injured.
i can't see Munster losing, i think they will perform better than last Friday and won't let Saints get as close.
Osprey's have the capacity to beat Biarritz who have been fragile in the HC the past few years, but the Ospreys have fallen apart away from home having put themselves in good positions. Biarritz are still a top team, and like all the french teams this year will be extra keen to make the final.
Clermont are better than Leinster at the moment, but Leinster are also capable of beating anyone. Home advantage over french sides can be a deciding factor. Clermont are playing fantastic so i still fancy them for this one.
Toulouse and Stade, could go either way. How many times have these two played each other in big matches. Toulouse may be looking better at the moment but stade are at home and are capable of beating anyone on their day. I think the Parisians will edge it.

Paris are away but even this season when in poor form they managed to get a draw in the league match away, 9-9 I think. Hopefully it's a better game come April. You'd still have to fancy Toulouse even though Paris should have some more players back given their injury list.

If the internationals come through unscathed for both Leinster and Munster then I can see them getting through. As has been said Saints missed their chance in the pool game, whether they'll get another in Thomond, I'm not so sure.

The Biarritz Ospreys one is the hardest to call, if the Ospreys bring their A game they'll be too strong for Biarritz, but they've never done that in France, they've only ever beaten Bourgoin but that's nothing to write home about, no wins against a top French or English side away from home is still a worry going into a game like this.

Latest posts