Heineken Cup Final: Northampton Saints - Leinster

Heineken Cup Final

• Northampton Saints

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Leinster

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I suspect Leinster will play risk free rugby in their own half to avoid possible knock ons, scrummaging and penalties and will instead kick for touch frequently from within their own 10 metre line. McLaughlin ahead of Jennings indicates Leinster are going after the Saints lineout.

Sorry to hear about job Bullitt.

As for what you said Snoop I agree with you and well I think Boss will have a big role too when he comes on. His physicality at 9 will be needed. I fell alot of this will be tight rugby early on and alot of kicking/teritory being recipe starting off

Lineouts will be interesting as Day is (statistically) the best lineout stealer in the Aviva

Nah, BOD is the worst

How many has he stolen this season?
None, I bet.

Pathetic.

Both teams obviously don't want to be chopping and changing before a final. I would have at first started Jennings first however I think the first half will be more about the set piece and McLaughlin's lineout skills may be needed in this area. I expect Leinster to use Jennings purposely as in the second half I expect Leinster will really want to concentrate on the breakdown as the game takes a solid shape. I also think that Jennings will have more of an impact coming off the bench than McLaughlin because should speed up our ball retention and provide a link man. It will also allow O'Brien to move to 6 where he will want to storm through tired bodies. Reddan's selection clearly shows Leinster want to play a snappy game to benefit their backs. Boss will have a big part to play as he is more influential off the bench. His physicality will allow Leinster to change their gameplan. Fitz should feel lucky however he has experience at this level and he will want to show everyone what he can do. McFadden I believe will be really good off the bench as he has a dogged attitude which adds physicality and acceleration. I am pleased that Healy has been selected. He deserves the spot and I thank it is important that we keep the front that has been impressive so far. We all know Saints have a brilliant front five and hopefully we can front up but Healy deserves his spot and I think both him and Van De Merwe both really will have a big part to play.

SaintsManifestocopy-2.jpg

Ridiculously excited now. It's gonna be a chore to have to wait till five. C'mon Leinster!

You know on the day of a final or a big game at some point during the day it hits you like oh my god it's in like 4 hours, yeah I just got that :D:D:D

I'm in Cardiff and it's buzzing, looking forward to it as well, from a neutral perspective I am looking forward to a close run affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's hoping for Saints, though I think Leinster will clinch it.

Getting nervous about this game. I hope the nerves don't get to Leinster too. They've leaked very few tries in the competition so they just need to keep doing that and keep the points ticking over.

Behind Leinster for this one, as are many of the munster fans. Just hope that Saints can do enough damage to slow them down for the Magners final ;)

Latest posts