Heineken Cup Final: Ulster vs. Leinster - 19/05/2012

Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by TRF_Peat, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Feicarsinn

Feicarsinn Super Αdmin

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Indeed he is, but I can't see the point of bringing in a player with the same basic flaws as Humphreys (and less natural ability) when you'd have to buy him out of a contract.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. irelandfan123

irelandfan123 Bench Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

Ulster

He could save all that time by returning himself, I mean it was only a few weeks ago people wanted Larkam back lol

4. TRF_Peat

TRF_Peat Super Moderator

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Ulster

And we have Wallace and Pienaar who both play 10 better than him in the squad already.

5. coonor

coonor First XV

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Great final! Some of the skills and moves literally made the crowd gasp! At the game I was complaining about McLaughlin doing very little but having rewatched the match I stand completely corrected he had a great game, not only did he offer some good carries, but he also tackled very well and was a boss at the breakdown and line out.

My leinster player rating are:

Healy- 8
    Strauss- 9 (some of his contributions were nothing short of pure quality and they he gets stuck in is brilliant)
    Ross- 7
    Cullen- 7
    Thorn- 8
    McLaughlin- 8
    O'brien- 9
    Heaslip- 7
    Reddan- 7
    Sexton- 8
    Nacewa- 8
    Darcy- 7
    ODriscoll- 9
    McFadden- 7
    Kearney- 8

Bench- 9

Ulster had some good play especially from Touhy, Afoa, Gilroy, Cave and Wallace but they played too loose and instead of keeping the ball around the fringes they spread it, often crabbing across the pitch. This final could be one of the best lessons for them, they can see the difference between them and Leinster and how to become a winning team. Now although it's easier said then done they can really look at approaching the game in the correct way and playing to oppose the other team...... I think even in the final they showed skill and the players they will have next year certainly have the quality

6. Teh Mite

Teh Mite TRF Legend

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Northampton

7. Groundhog

Groundhog #1 Cuck

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Munster

Just got tickets to next years Amlin and Heineken final, plus Johnny Sexton and Shane Jennings were into our school today with the Heineken cup

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!
-->