• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final: Ulster vs. Leinster - 19/05/2012

Seems about right, although I'd probably put Wallace ahead of D'Arcy, an in-form Heaslip ahead of Wannenberg, and am not sure O'Brien is ahead of Henry as a 7...

The coaching is the real key area to me.

If it's coaching Ulster will win. McLaughlin is the man.

Henry is a good 7 but I really think people underestimate SoBs prowess there , he might not have the same physical impact from there as he does from 6 but he comes up trumps with plenty of turnover s (ie the match saver in Bordeaux)and usually topping the games tacklecount despite being on the side that plays with more possession usually.

Well I had bbattle of 8's a draw based on form and well D'Arcy ahead of Wallace was a tight call but just feel he shades it marginally.
Peat agree coachingis key and gameplan employed but Schmidt has developed a superb 23 while Ulster have got 15 but not a powerful 23 and just think fact Leinster can use a Plan A, B or C and change it up with a powerful bench is where the difference is. I am thinking Leinster by 4-8 points but by no way a walk in the park, they'll have to earn it.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of Leinster, and am judging slightly on international form; however, with no disrespect to either O'Brien or D'Arcy, but Wallace and Henry have been great for us recently. Particularly Henry. His tackle count is ridiculous and O'Driscoll's already felt the need to highlight his breakdown work in the press. We shall see however.

And I know what you mean about the bench, but I'd rather swap coaches than swap benches. Schmidt impresses/scares me massively.

If it's coaching Ulster will win. McLaughlin is the man.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

looking forward to the big showdown, Ulster all the way.

Came across this article and had to publish it on my works website.

RUGBY FINAL – What does this mean to the ladies
? click for some pics!

Ulsters 6 foot 4 backrow Stephen Ferris will be up against Leinsters Fullback Rob Kearney, worth watching ladies!!!

LN7, slight man crush there? I thought you liked the Hoff.

I always thought that was a girl posting, never bothered to check the username. Hey, do you think we could get him to do stuff if we bribe him with SOB pics?

Yes most definitely. Cmac would do more for pics of Paul Marshall (the Ulster sub scrumhalf).

I'm starting to get a bit worried about drinking a lot with those two if we ever have a TRF meet-up.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about drinking a lot with those two if we ever have a TRF meet-up.

Don't worry too much from what I can tell both are currently one man guys but cmac is fairly changeable. LN7's loved SO'B for years.

Don't worry too much from what I can tell both are currently one man guys but cmac is fairly changeable. LN7's loved SO'B for years.

Yeah sker, I think you're safe... Cmac likes the midget-sized skinny buggers... He's one of those types that likes EVERYTHING extra-small...

Who will win the Heineken Cup this year?

I added a vBookie for the most important club match of the year up North. It's very nice to see Ulster in the final and as an Ulster follower I hope they win. The odds don't favor them though.

Go nuts guys, vBookie is here!

Interestingly, O'Brien and Ferris have only played each other about once. They've played with each other far more often - and apparently they room together on Ireland camps.

Imagine being a burglar and breaking into that room while it was occupied :mellow:

Yeah, I wanted to put a bet on, so I went big. Not much chance of winning though. Leinster is much better than Ulster but who knows...

Latest posts