• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final: Ulster vs. Leinster - 19/05/2012

Peat

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Ulster
No point hanging around, lets get this one started...

If we win this, Anscombe is going to be under so much pressure :lol:

So who's going to this?

And how the hell can it top last years?

So who's going to this?

And how the hell can it top last years?

Ferris single handedly dominating the rest of the Irish team?

Seriously though, it looks like it's going to be immense. As a neutral I'm torn by my love for Stephen Ferris and Brad Thorn.

Ulster have Ferris and Pienaar totems we have Sean O'Brien, Heineken Cup Sexton, Brian O'Driscoll, Isa Nacewa and Rob Kearney.

Yet I'm still gonna be nervous as hell.

Can't wait for this game! Recon much like the Leinster/Clermont match a big decider will be what % of the 1st XV is still standing on the field after 60-70 minutes.

Ferris is the standout guy though. Like yesterday I thought his knee was coming off his leg and well he was still going. He's like someone out of the Avengers :p

The amount of strapping he needed for both legs was ridiculous obviously they were falling off and the tape was keeping them on yet was amazing defensively.

Just bought my tickets! I'll be at Twickenham at around 12, straight on the pre-lash ;) recommended bars anyone?

So it's the Red Handers who will fly play at their HQ :p vs The Leinstertainers bidding for back to back ***les.
1 thing is for certain - Munster won't be the only Irish team to loose a HEC final

Can't wait for this, I'll be getting the ticket when the supporters tickets are released for sale.
All my uncles will be up for Ulster either from spite from last years final or from being from Belfast, it's going to be a classic. :D

I have to say, Fez' ability to play on with his legs in that state is incredible, but its equally clear he's not at his best. We need him fully fit badly for this one.

Needless to say I will be there.

@coonor
Stay away from Twickenham and go for a few pints in Richmond instead. It's a 20-30 minute walk away and a far nicer spot.

cant wait for this

if the core contingent play well and inspire then who knows! but i struggle to see past a leinster win
regardless of the score i will not remember the night that follows

I'm going to make some money next week and see how this **** looks...Heiniken cup final is one I've never made it to.

Leinsters lineout today was shaky and with bests trowing maybe ulster can work something from the lineout, they stole ball in thomond and got momentum this way. Piannar boot (place and hand) and Best throwing is great combo. Ferris at the break down also. But even with this its hard to beat Leinster back play, they are so fast and sexton has balls at club level to kick.
Twill be good but summing up both teams, Leinster will be champs,

Also Thorn should have got more praise today, he was at every single ruck, throwing in the low shoulder, Unreal!!

Leinsters lineout today was shaky and with bests trowing maybe ulster can work something from the lineout, they stole ball in thomond and got momentum this way. Piannar boot (place and hand) and Best throwing is great combo. Ferris at the break down also. But even with this its hard to beat Leinster back play, they are so fast and sexton has balls at club level to kick.
Twill be good but summing up both teams, Leinster will be champs,

Also Thorn should have got more praise today, he was at every single ruck, throwing in the low shoulder, Unreal!!

Aye, suppose that's what you expect from a world cup winner. A class act.

With regard to the line out, there's a distinct possibility that Leo has gone and gotten himself cited, which could potentially put him out of the final. While it'd obviously be a shame for the team to be missing it's captain, from a purely tactical point of view I'd prefer to see Toner play in any case. We need to strengthen that area of our game and have gigantor would help no end.

Strauss's throwing was a bit suspect today, I thought - more than made up for in open play though.

Strauss's throwing was a bit suspect today, I thought - more than made up for in open play though.

Unfortunately that's also a weakness in Cronin's game, so no help there. Didn't help Richardt that we only had one man on the field over 6'5". I'd be very surprised if Strauss didn't start the final.

Latest posts