• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final: Ulster vs. Leinster - 19/05/2012

Humphreys is off though is he not ?

I'd reckon he wouldn't be the worst either to settle a game if Jackson goes wonky.

Indeed he is, but I can't see the point of bringing in a player with the same basic flaws as Humphreys (and less natural ability) when you'd have to buy him out of a contract.

If I was David Humphreys, I'd try to get in a good, experienced flyhalf as a matter of urgency.
He could save all that time by returning himself, I mean it was only a few weeks ago people wanted Larkam back lol

Indeed he is, but I can't see the point of bringing in a player with the same basic flaws as Humphreys (and less natural ability) when you'd have to buy him out of a contract.

And we have Wallace and Pienaar who both play 10 better than him in the squad already.

Great final! Some of the skills and moves literally made the crowd gasp! At the game I was complaining about McLaughlin doing very little but having rewatched the match I stand completely corrected he had a great game, not only did he offer some good carries, but he also tackled very well and was a boss at the breakdown and line out.

My leinster player rating are:

Healy- 8
Strauss- 9 (some of his contributions were nothing short of pure quality and they he gets stuck in is brilliant)
Ross- 7
Cullen- 7
Thorn- 8
McLaughlin- 8
O'brien- 9
Heaslip- 7
Reddan- 7
Sexton- 8
Nacewa- 8
Darcy- 7
ODriscoll- 9
McFadden- 7
Kearney- 8

Bench- 9

Ulster had some good play especially from Touhy, Afoa, Gilroy, Cave and Wallace but they played too loose and instead of keeping the ball around the fringes they spread it, often crabbing across the pitch. This final could be one of the best lessons for them, they can see the difference between them and Leinster and how to become a winning team. Now although it's easier said then done they can really look at approaching the game in the correct way and playing to oppose the other team...... I think even in the final they showed skill and the players they will have next year certainly have the quality

543325_10151725014665321_691650320_23786845_605142045_n.jpg

Just got tickets to next years Amlin and Heineken final, plus Johnny Sexton and Shane Jennings were into our school today with the Heineken cup

Latest posts