Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster

Heineken%20Cup.png

Ospreys.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Benetton.png

Liberty Stadium, Swansea - 12/10/2012 (20:00)

TV: Sky Sports

This will be a really crap game with lots of errors and mistakes, as all Ospreys-Treviso games seem to be.
O's will probably win, maybe even a try bonus point.

Last edited:
Ospreys really should be aiming for a try-bonus. With Leicester (again) and Tolouse, any extra points such as this and picking up a losing bonus point on the road somewhere might make the difference between getting through and not. Problem is, Treviso are a good stubborn side nowadays. Also the Ospreys don't secure many four try bonus points.

If they lose, they may as well give up on the Heinsken .

Ospreys have an issue with securing try BPs.
Hope the pack is steady and Biggar is ready to go. A few big HC performances are needed if he wants to show why he should start for Wales.
Ryan Jones has been immense, I will expect a big game from him, and hopefully everybody's favourite tighthead.

When's this Amborosino bloke going to start playing for Treviso?
Is he injured? Still getting up to speed?

Ospreys back three possibly the worst of any Welsh region.
Shame about Baldwin, he has looked good in his brief appearances. Considering our 'depth' at hooker, could be in the Welsh training squad next summer.

Matthew Dwyer is a massive fat bloke who scored the winning try against Leeds in a pre-season friendly a few years ago. He seems to be slowly losing weight since then, but is still a pretty big fella. Not sure how good he is, only seen him play two or three times.

Otherwise: I can't stand Jonathan Thomas as an 8. If we're determined on playing this backrow, let's have Ryan at 8, please, but I'd rather see Stowers start if Bearman & King are injured. Glad Walkers playing over Isaacs, too, but he's still not ideal.

I dunno, I rate Walker quite highly, knows how to score some cracking tries (a la vs Ulster last year)

As this is on the Red button, so a bit secondary to the Ulster v Castres game, gonna assume there wont be a way for me to have a cheeky view online?

Convicted police-killer starting at tighthead for Treviso.
I hope Bevington sorts him out.

Biggar 3/3 so far, 9-0 Ospreys, 15 minutes.

Last edited:
What a try by Eli Walker!
How many defenders fell off him?

Talking to myself here... Ospreys absolutely hammer the Treviso scrum. (That was without Adam! Jarvis was on, as Adam was yellowed at the time)

Last edited:
You got your wish. Although I'm not sure that Roux was on the field. Don't know why the Ospreys didn't go for another scrum.

Bevington made him fly earlier.
Yeah, Ospreys should have gone for the scrum. Try BPs are crucial in this pool.
Hibbard looking lively, his lovely locks flowing in the Swansea evening air.

McLean ghosts through the Ospreys 22, 23-17 to the Ospreys, coming up to the last quarter.

Adam very lucky not to have a red card to his name.
Ospreys need to win and get that BP if they have any hopes of progressing from this pool.

Five second left and Ashley Beck scores the fourth try.
Ospreys got away with one there. Need massive improvements for next week.

Just about securing the 5 points they desperately needed. Thought it wasn't going to happen, but their great scrum and Beck got them there just about.

Missed the first half, but the second was very odd. O's on top apart from a 10min spell where they went to sleep completely and Treviso scored two quick fire try's.

Ospreys will have to improve if they want to beat Leicester or Tolouse, but a tricky first game done.

Was baffled at how the O's kept going for the lineout when their scrum was destroying Treviso, even from 20m/15m out they probably wouldve got a penalty try anyway.

Not the best performance they couldve had, but got the 5 points and got something to build on for the game against Leicester

Next week, instead of all the faffing about on the edge of the 22, I hope Biggar takes control of the game and steps back and slots a few drop goals. That'd help with the whole clinicality issue people are raising.

On the whole, I'm happy enough. Nabbed the four tries, secured the bonus point, we've got something to work with. Scrum should cause Leicester some problems, and hopefully the backline'll be a tad sharper by Sunday, although I thought Fotuali'i had a good game, and as such should keep the 9 shirt over Webb. Very impressed by the entire front row, replacements and all, Bevington and Hibbard (Deservedly man of the match) in particular.

That's Hibbard's second MOM in 3 weeks.

Surely he deserves a Wales recall, possibly starting too. I know Hibbard didn't cover himself in glory Down Under, but Matthew Rees was sub par too.

Better than Rees and Owens on form, I wouldn't complain.
Rees is abysmal in the lineouts, Hibbard isn't great, but makes the scrum rock.

Latest posts