Club or Nation
Leinster

Heineken%20Cup.png

Leinster.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Exeter.png

RDS, Dublin - 13/10/2012 (15:40)

TV: Sky Sports/ Canal+ Sport​

Subject to the quarter and semi final draw......Leinster to be facing Toulon in the Final. The two best teams in the NH!!

Things are looking hopeful on the injury front. BOD, Conway, Nacewa and McLaughlin all seem to be recovering after taking knocks on Saturday. There even a possibility that Cullen, Boss, Kearney and Healy will be fit aswell.

Things are looking hopeful on the injury front. BOD, Conway, Nacewa and McLaughlin all seem to be recovering after taking knocks on Saturday. There even a possibility that Cullen, Boss, Kearney and Healy will be fit aswell.

Thank Christ. I've genuinely bricking it about these next two weeks. We have absolutely no backs left if the injuries we sustained on the weekend are serious. Chiefs could be dangerous too. Just look at what they did to Quins at the last week. They'll certainly be up for it too, seeing as it's their first ever Heineken Cup game and we're the champions.

Thank god we're at home.

If all injured players considered as hopefully are fully fit then this would be my team:

1. Healy
2. Strauss
3. Ross
4. Cullen
5. Toner
6. McLaughlin
7. Jennings
8. Heaslip
9. Reddan
10. Sexton
11. Nacewa
12. McFadden
13. O'Driscoll
14. Conway
15. Kearney

16. Cronin 17. HVDM 18. Hagan 19. Browne 20. Murphy 21. Boss 22. Madigan 23. D'Arcy

When wins are necessity and form is not exactly on our side we need to play the team that is most likely going to win. It's time to get some of our big players up to speed. Some may say that it's not easing injured players in but these are top lass professionals and know what is required of them. McFadden takes the 12 jersey on the back of a good performance last week and to give him an opportunity to stake his claim at inside centre. Conway takes the wing after a good start to the season and to allow him to get up to speed with this level.

I had a look at the Babbling Brook forum pre season, where the consensus was something along the lines of "how dare Exeter attempt to dine at our dinner table".

For that reason alone, I hope Exeter pick up an unlikely scalp.

However I also hope to win the lottery this Saturday and for Louise Redknapp to be my my private lap-dancer. They take priority in my wish list.

Just seen an interview with Joe Schmidt on Sky Sports.

He admitted from his experience coaching in the Top 14 that their sides are at a disadvantage having to work harder to fight for position in the league, then he said that Leinster are at a disadvantage as they are forced to change their team so much during the RaboPro12 and they lack continuity, he claimed they have made an average of 7 changes per match this season.

then he said that Leinster are at a disadvantage as they are forced to change their team so much during the RaboPro12 and they lack continuity, he claimed they have made an average of 7 changes per match this season.

Maybe he should just....you know....not do that then?

Injuries I can understand, but whining because you decided to rest X amount of players is just stupid.

Injuries I can understand, but whining because you decided to rest X amount of players is just stupid.

Has to doesn't he? Internationals have to have a staggered start to the season first of all and then when you're averaging four injuries a game you really aren't left with all that much choice. How dare you question Joe?

I saw Exeter a few weeks ago against Leicester and they were hopeless. I presume they rotated a few players for that game and it wasn't a fair reflection of them. It should be interesting to see how they'll handle the step up. I think Leinster will win by around 20pts but I hope its tighter than that. One sided matches are not too exciting to watch.

You have to remember that because of the IRFU player management system we also had many players coming back at different times. Alongside this we had many players who were untested or just coming back from injuries so we had to get them up to speed by easing them in.

I'm not saying I agree with how Schmidt puts it but you can see that its not as easy as just playing the same team every week.

Hearing that any regional side is at a disadvantage when their players ate permenantly fresh for the big games is a laugh.

LEINSTER:
15: Ian Madigan
14: Andrew Conway
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Fergus McFadden
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan
1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Damian Browne
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Sean Cronin
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Devin Toner
20: Leo Auva'a
21: Jordi Murphy
22: Isaac Boss
23: Fionn Carr

EXETER CHIEFS: Luke Arscott, Ian Whitten, Phil Dollman, Jason Shoemark, Matt Jess, Gareth Steenson, Haydn Thomas, Brett Sturgess, Simon Alcott, Carl Rimmer, Tom Hayes CAPTAIN, James Hanks, Tom Johnson, James Scaysbrook, Richard Baxter

REPLACEMENTS: Chris Whitehead, Chris Budgen, Ben Moon, Aly Muldowney, Dean Mumm, Will Chudley, Ignacio Mieres, Sireli Naqelevuki

Exeter are terrible. They don't deserve to be in the competition.

Exeter are terrible. They don't deserve to be in the competition.[/QUOTE]

Whereas, of course, the likes of Connacht and Zebre do.

Exeter are terrible. They don't deserve to be in the competition.

Whereas, of course, the likes of Connacht and Zebre do.[/QUOTE]

I think Snoop was eluding to the fact that Exeter are clearly coming to the RDS with a squad that they know is not their best. Mumm is on the bench for goodness sake!

He isn't first choice yet.

He only joined them around a week ago, probably still hasn't gotten used to the calls and systems

Whereas, of course, the likes of Connacht and Zebre do.

I think Snoop was eluding to the fact that Exeter are clearly coming to the RDS with a squad that they know is not their best. Mumm is on the bench for goodness sake![/QUOTE]

It pretty much is their best tbh.

Latest posts