• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Quarter Final: Leinster v Cardiff - 07/04/2012

This Leinster side is simply fantastic

the great hands, angles, vision and speed is amazing, and their defence was also great

this is perhaps the best European side there has been, better than the good Wasps side, the Munster side that won two Heineken Cups, and the back to back Leicester winners, or Toulouse

that O'Driscoll try was amazing, the Blues barely touched Leinster as they broke through

Joe Schmidt for Lions Coach !

as for the Cardiff Blues, how an earth did Scott Andrews become a Wales international?

he must be perhaps the worst Welsh capped player of all time, at least since I've watched Wales, he gets destroyed every single week and not just by scrum powerhouses like Adam Jones, just okay scrummagers

just sign any prop from the Principality Premiership and they must be better than him

Leinster have done the Blues a favour here long term, showing them how to play rugby properly and they also may have got Baber and Burnell sacked

Leinster have done the Blues a favour here long term, showing them how to play rugby properly and they also may have got Baber and Burnell sacked

Another 20 or 30 points would have been nice in that regard.

as for the Cardiff Blues, how an earth did Scott Andrews become a Wales international?

he must be perhaps the worst Welsh capped player of all time, at least since I've watched Wales, he gets destroyed every single week and not just by scrum powerhouses like Adam Jones, just okay scrummagers

just sign any prop from the Principality Premiership and they must be better than him

Andrews became an international because at the time he had shown some promise and Adam Jones was injured / struggling with injuries. He showed early promise. But has sadly gone backwards rather than forwards.

I answered this question before when you asked it, but there have been others more / same deserve the award. Will James, Gavin Evans, Matthew Jones and Jonathan Bryant to but name a few.

It's not a simple case of signing someone from the Welsh Premiership. Some of the better props at that level have a contract / agreement with a region. Blues tried this with Trevett and Harford. To little success, but then it would help if they were any good to start with.

Anthony Sullivan, Matthew Robinson, Spencer John...

Anthony Sullivan, Matthew Robinson, Spencer John...

James Bater, Paul Young, James Griffiths, Jamie Ringer, Nathan Budgett and Jason Jones-Hughes to add to the list.

He never showed promise. We just don't have any tightheads

Dunno what rock you emerged from but infact he did show some early promise.

I'd completely forgot about James Bater! Thought he was quality for the Ospreys, gutted when he went to the Turks.

'Oh no he didn't!'
'Oh yes he did!'

I can see where this is going...

Nick Walne, Craig Quinnell, Martyn Madden.

I'd completely forgot about James Bater! Thought he was quality for the Ospreys, gutted when he went to the Turks.

Caps then were just handed out like flyers you get from pubs and clubs on international match days in Cardiff.

'Oh no he didn't!'
'Oh yes he did!'

I can see where this is going...

Nick Walne, Craig Quinnell, Martyn Madden.

I'd argue that Craig Quinnell was not as bad as Will James, granted he was not as good as Scott and Derek for me he was not the worst to have played.

Walne is another. Don't think he was sensational but neither was he terrible.

Dunno what rock you emerged from but infact he did show some early promise.

Jeezus, you're an aggressive bugger aren't you. By early promise do you mean: bigish, a tighthead prop, pretty good in the loose. Thing is, if he had gone through the English system i highly doubt he would have been good enough for even a regional academy (SE england etc..). We don't have many tighthead props, he is one, thats all...

Craig Quinnell wasn't bad, but he never reached a level he should have.
Wouldn't train (like Wyatt) and let his weight take control.
Walne was supposed to be a big wing but never shone as he did for Cardiff at times.

Jeezus, you're an aggressive bugger aren't you. By early promise do you mean: bigish, a tighthead prop, pretty good in the loose. Thing is, if he had gone through the English system i highly doubt he would have been good enough for even a regional academy (SE england etc..). We don't have many tighthead props, he is one, thats all...

Arglwydd, no he showed signs that he could scrummage.

Craig Quinnell wasn't bad, but he never reached a level he should have.
Wouldn't train (like Wyatt) and let his weight take control.
Walne was supposed to be a big wing but never shone as he did for Cardiff at times.

Fair case.

But for any excuse ...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bt6cm48nPF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peter Rodgers was a little beast. Was unsure of Ben Evans ... some days he was good, others ... lets not talk about them.

Latest posts