• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Quarter Final Matchups

just stating fact, yawn yawn and double yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming from a person who says the national game isn't the priority in France and the club game is it's a bit inconsistent. France aren't the best HEC team, Toulouse are, followed by Leinster then Munster, Leicester and Wasps. YOUR club, Montpellier, don't even register. You can't dismiss the international game and then claim superiority when other French clubs win, you can hope they win sure, I want Munster to win at the weekend but I won't be in any way boastful if they do.

Coming from a person who says the national game isn't the priority in France and the club game is it's a bit inconsistent. France aren't the best HEC team, Toulouse are, followed by Leinster then Munster, Leicester and Wasps. YOUR club, Montpellier, don't even register. You can't dismiss the international game and then claim superiority when other French clubs win, you can hope they win sure, I want Munster to win at the weekend but I won't be in any way boastful if they do.

On this both feed off each other. Toulouse when successful fed French team who also were going good. When Ireland won Slam in 09 it was backboned by a Munster team at peak of their powers. And Leinster this year same thing. Each side benefited from the other

T o answer your questions and comments.........the national game is not a prioity FOR ME, i never said that, i believe that, personally i prefere club rugby and always have, and certainly do not answer for others.
the finals won by French clubs are reality 6 wins by 3 clubs + i think 10 losing finalists, which is also reality, nobody is dismissing anything, just stating facts and only facts!!!!!!!!!
Did i ever mention Montpellier in my comment, no this was about how times French clubs had won the H Cup.........
Montpellier have been in the elite for only 10 yrs and their time will come..............
Nobody is claiming superiority just stating the facts which are truthful. and as you mention everybody is behind Toulouse also fact so..... that in itself is superiority for Toulouse................
Just a piece of advice ever heard of a little tongue in cheek comment, well you fell hook line and sinker, you are far too easy to wind up my friend.................when the leaugue systems are equal throughout the elite of Europe and everybody has to qualify by right and not by representation and they all play the same number of games we can again compare notes,........... and as far as this weekend is concerned, excellent rugby we all hope by 4 excellent teams, and if the team you support wins well your in the final and another reason to be HAPPY.
Fo me another reason to support club rugby its in your face i love it... nobody ever talks about the Irsh support for their National team but you never stop hearing about the Munster Men and their passion for their team....... National team rugby is often just icing on the cake, the WC and the 6 nations is great but it does not get anywhere near as club rugby does for me.
have a good rugby weekend.

T o answer your questions and comments.........the national game is not a prioity FOR ME, i never said that, i believe that, personally i prefere club rugby and always have, and certainly do not answer for others.
the finals won by French clubs are reality 6 wins by 3 clubs + i think 10 losing finalists, which is also reality, nobody is dismissing anything, just stating facts and only facts!!!!!!!!!
My reply was stating fact too! You conveniently left out Irish provinces with 6 HECs as well, but it was continuing with the trend of French posters using any chance they can to claim that the French league is far superior to the other two European leagues, call it tongue in cheek but it's annoying.
Did i ever mention Montpellier in my comment, no this was about how times French clubs had won the H Cup.........
Montpellier have been in the elite for only 10 yrs and their time will come..............
No but that was my point, you support a club, one club, not all 14. Would you ever hear a Barcalona fan using Real Madrid to show Spain's dominance in Europe? No, they'd be laughed at. That was my point nothing more, Montpellier are actually one of the French teams I like, definitely over the two French sides still in Europe.
Nobody is claiming superiority just stating the facts which are truthful. and as you mention everybody is behind Toulouse also fact so..... that in itself is superiority for Toulouse................
Yep, Toulouse will forever be kings of the HEC, they've been the best club, just like Leinster will be remembered for having the best team between '09-'12
Just a piece of advice ever heard of a little tongue in cheek comment, well you fell hook line and sinker, you are far too easy to wind up my friend.................
It rarely happens, this was just the straw that broke the camels back.
when the leaugue systems are equal throughout the elite of Europe and everybody has to qualify by right and not by representation and they all play the same number of games we can again compare notes,........... and as far as this weekend is concerned, excellent rugby we all hope by 4 excellent teams, and if the team you support wins well your in the final and another reason to be HAPPY.
Agreed
Fo me another reason to support club rugby its in your face i love it... nobody ever talks about the Irsh support for their National team but you never stop hearing about the Munster Men and their passion for their team.......National team rugby is often just icing on the cake, the WC and the 6 nations is great but it does not get anywhere near as club rugby does for me.
You watch too much of Munster on Sky Sports. :p Go back to the last World Cup, a lot of talk was of the Irish fans and I'd say 95% of Irish supporters would take a 6nations or a Slam or a RWC over a HEC, I can't completely understand a club before country mentality but I can't tell you you're wrong obviously.
have a good rugby weekend.
You too, pity neither of our teams are involved!

Latest posts