Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Heineken Cup.png

Thomond Park, Limerick - (08/04/2012, 13:45)

Munster.png
Versus H-Cup.png
Ulster.png

Roman Poite (France)

Munster: F Jones; D Hurley, K Earls, L Mafi, S Zebo; R O’Gara, C Murray; W du Preez, M Sherry, BJ Botha; D Ryan, P O’Connell; P O’Mahony, T O’Donnell, J Coughlan.
Replacements: D Varley, M Horan, S Archer, D O’Callaghan, D Wallace, T O’Leary, I Keatley, J Murphy.

Ulster: S Terblanche; A Trimble, D Cave, P Wallace, C Gilroy; I Humphreys, R Pienaar;
T Court, R Best, J Afoa, J Muller (capt), D Tuohy, S Ferris, C Henry, P Wannenburg;
Replacements: N Brady, P McAllister, A Macklin, L Stevenson, W Faloon, P Marshall, N Spence, A D'Arcy

Last edited:
no matter how much i think about how we can win it
i just dont see it happening, we have the team just not spine? to win it or something like that

bring it on!

Word has it that Stephen Ferris won't be fit for this. If true, Ulster stand no chance.

I think Munster this will be a very close game, both teams can be very good but i think Munster will back themselves more then ulster so i reckon they will win

Very interesting match and very hard to call. Ulster need Ferris he does so much for them and often does something that gains momentum for them. Can't wait for it.

Here's Darren Cave and Ian Humphreys on the upcoming clash. C'mon Ulster!

Last edited by a moderator:
STUFUM!
playing in a random local semi-final so have to watch on record

but for me this is could be better than the entire 6-nations for me :D

STUFUM!
playing in a random local semi-final so have to watch on record

but for me this is could be better than the entire 6-nations for me :D

Easily.

Munster have to be the favourites, but that is solely due to winning habit and cohesiveness, we have the players to do this and Thomond Park should hold no fears for them.

What's the Munster injury list like?

Easily.

Munster have to be the favourites, but that is solely due to winning habit and cohesiveness, we have the players to do this and Thomond Park should hold no fears for them.

What's the Munster injury list like?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/big-names-return-to-munster-squad-546219.html

David Wallace, Paul O'Connell, Donnacha Ryan and Conor Murray have all been named in Tony McGahan's squad for the Heineken Cup quarter-final against Ulster on Sunday.

Wallace has returned on schedule from the knee ligament damage he suffered against England last August.

Both Murray and O'Connell incurred injuries playing for Ireland against France in the Six Nations and had targeted a return this weekend for the quarter-final.

Ryan was not involved in last weekend's defeat to Leinster in the RaboDirect PRO12 after suffering a recurrence of a shoulder problem but he has been in training since last Thursday and is expected to run out against Ulster.

Flanker Dave O'Callaghan is not included in the squad after picking up a knock in the defeat to Leinster.

Munster Squad (v Ulster): Johne Murphy, Ian Keatley, Tomas O'Leary, Felix Jones, Denis Hurley, Keith Earls, Lifeimi Mafi, Simon Zebo, Ronan O'Gara, Conor Murray, Danny Barnes, Duncan Williams, Scott Deasy, David Wallace, Donnacha O'Callaghan, Stephen Archer, Marcus Horan, Damien Varley, James Coughlan, Tommy O'Donnell, Peter O'Mahony, Paul O'Connell, Donnacha Ryan, BJ Botha, Mike Sherry, Wian Du Preez, Mick O'Driscoll, Billy Holland, John Ryan, Denis Fogarty.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...rn-to-munster-squad-546219.html#ixzz1r6OBnDTg

looks like a full squad to me
however muarry poc wallace might be rusty(might knowing them they will be running flawlessly) and heard hoping ryans shoulder takes a knock nothing to bad but bad enough to not play this weekend :p

Stephen Ferris is set to be named in Ulster's match squad for Sunday:

Ferris_Set_to_be_named.jpg

in Today's Newsletter.

Click the image to see the full size picture.

Last edited:
from the clubs respective sites
also i think upon seeing the teams that if this was on neutral ground we could win this :p

Munster: F Jones; D Hurley, K Earls, L Mafi, S Zebo; R O'Gara, C Murray; W du Preez, M Sherry, BJ Botha; D Ryan, P O'Connell; P O'Mahony, T O'Donnell, J Coughlan. Replacements: D Varley, M Horan, S Archer, D O'Callaghan, D Wallace, T O'Leary, I Keatley, J Murphy.

(15-9): S Terblanche; A Trimble, D Cave, P Wallace, C Gilroy; I Humphreys, R Pienaar;
(1-8): T Court, R Best, J Afoa, J Muller (capt), D Tuohy, S Ferris, C Henry, P Wannenburg;
Replacements (16-23): N Brady, P McAllister, A Macklin, L Stevenson, W Faloon, P Marshall, N Spence, A D'Arcy

Some ballsy selections from Tony McGahan. Unless I'm mistaken, neither Sherry nor O'Donnell have started in the Heineken Cup before. Furthermore, those selections are exactly the right call.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Munster back row last week. One would imagine that they'll have to raise their game significantly from that performance to match Ferris, Wannenberg & Henry.

I think Ulster could well scrape this Munster have loads of player just back from injury and if Ferris can last the 80 I'd back them. Ulster also have more people who can make an impact off the bench which could be a telling factor.

On the other hand the Thomond factor can't be discounted.

Latest posts