• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Semi Final: Clermont vs Leinster - 29/04/12

Match is in Bordeaux isn't it? That'll not be too hot this time of year I'd think...
Just checked weather and well yeah it not too bad and has rain expected. I thought it'd be much warmer to be honest

Yeah, word was during the week that it would be about 18 degrees and possibly wet. Makes Ravenhill last week the perfect preparation. While I would have preferred it to be dry, I don't think it should really bother us as a team. Delighted with Jennings at 7, and any physicallity that would have been lost by not playing Locky is neglected by having Thorn and Boss on the field.

If Clermont are smart they'll go after us in the line out. Heaslip is going to have to contribute a lot in the set piece for us to achieve parity there.

I think Feic it'll ba D'Arcy/Sexton area that will be tested early with their physical centres and possibly they will try tire Leinster by keeping it tight.

But Fofana isn't particularly physical he's pretty much the same size as O'Malley he's more about using his feet.

I think Feic it'll ba D'Arcy/Sexton area that will be tested early with their physical centres and possibly they will try tire Leinster by keeping it tight.

I'm not really worried about them being able to run through us tbh. Sexton is a very good defender as far as first five eight's go and D'arcy isn't too shabby a defender either. Sure he didn't have a spectacular 6 nations, but he was very rarely found wanting defensively. Usually it was Earls or McFadden getting their asses handed to them outside him. Anyway, Drico is a superb defender and Boss is a big guy for a SH, so they'll have a bit of extra cover should they need it.

I think an awful lot will ride on how well Brock James plays. As I mentioned earlier, our second row isn't a strong aerial unit and they probably have the edge in the front row. Should he kick he corners well and pin us back, we could be in for a long afternoon.

The selection of Boss and Jennings shows the importance of gaining physical dominance and breakdown superiority. I expect that schmidt wants to cope with the physicality and then move the game away from that focus by bringing on Reddan ad McLaughlin to expand the game and it's pace.

Best of luck to Leinster today. I'd rather face Clermont admittedly, but there we go.

Ha we could have an all Irish HEC Final, All French Amlin and all games in small area of London. That bad on England :p

I'm so pumped for this I could run out myself.

How cheesy was Sky's wine thing?

3mins in and it's already shaping up to be a hell of a match.

I like Isaac Boss, but what is he doing wearing a scrumcap? Unless you has a recent/stitched cut and need to stop it splitting open then backs shouldn't be wearing them :p

Healy injures Malzieu and Buttin comes on ****!.

James not Parra kicking.

Last edited:
Brock James to kick. If he fails, he will just disappear from now on. And it's in, fortunately.

Leinster made some passes that were a lot more forward than that one and were not called...

Last edited:
Clermont crowd is deafening, can almost hear them from my house :lol:

Very marginal forward pass then, I wouldn't have called it to be honest.
Poor missed tackle by Boss for the break.
Byrne off now.

Barnes has missed a yellow then for Cullen.

Latest posts