• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Semi Final: Clermont vs Leinster - 29/04/12

here there is a lot of talk for Leinster not getting cards.. I recall a certain card for killing the ball 2 metres off after a break that was not carded.

Lest we forget when Leinster had Clermont penned in their own half for the first 35 minutes of the 2nd half the replacement hooker came in from the side a ridiculous amount.

Lots of talk about how Clermont were superior when it was not the case , Leinster played good cup rugby , penned them in their own corners and with some stirring defence on the line barely pulled through...

here there is a lot of talk for Leinster not getting cards.. I recall a certain card for killing the ball 2 metres off after a break that was not carded..

Know you are very excited....but what exactly are you actually saying here?!!

Jenkins could have scored a touch down if he so wished.
Jenkins would have been in Kearney's position, ignored the prop outside him and stepped the full-back to go over under the posts.

Know you are very excited....but what exactly are you actually saying here?!!

Clermont killed the ball on their own line after a Leinster Break , The ref gave a penalty but the offence in most peoples opinions would have warranted a yellow.

Jenkins would have been in Kearney's position, ignored the prop outside him and stepped the full-back to go over under the posts.
And done a drop goal for the conversion. With his heel. From his 10m line. And it would be worth 3.

Starting to think French paranoia about "anglosaxon" refs is justified, Barnes helped Leinster a LOT in that game.

Thank you, you're saving me a psy consultation...!
More seriously, won't talk about a anti French conspiracy, but Irish "clubs" seems to receive the same goodwill than New. zealand

According to ESPN Scrum both teams conceded 14 penalties so if Leinster deserved cards for repeat offending so did Clermont.
Also that wasn't a punch, who punches with two hands?

Both teams were class today and showed that they're the best two teams in Europe.

So many players played the games of their lives today:

Sivivatu was class.
James buried that match in the RDS.
Bonnaire was immense.
Hines was brilliant while he was on the pitch.
Kearney motm in one of the highest quality games ever.
O'Driscoll really shut down Rougerie.
Heaslip and O'Brien are looking back to their best.
Van Der Merwe was an integral part of the win.
Healy wasn't too bad either. :p

Clermont killed the ball on their own line after a Leinster Break , The ref gave a penalty but the offence in most peoples opinions would have warranted a yellow.

Crikey....what about Ferris pulling the arm of their jumper at a line out, what about Darcy kicking the ball out of the 9's hands (and that was the third such incident)............if you want to claim that specific Clermont penalty should have been a yellow, I can only say that there are several more that should have been given to the Leinster players.............Fact is they were not, Leinster rode their luck and nehanced their repuation as the best team in Europe in the record books by winning!

Look at Cmac's stats , the penalty count was identical , constant fouling was prevalent on both teams ..and Clermont as I said earlier on occasions felt that rucks should be treated as swimming pools

Crikey....what about Ferris pulling the arm of their jumper at a line out, what about Darcy kicking the ball out of the 9's hands (and that was the third such incident)............if you want to claim that specific Clermont penalty should have been a yellow, I can only say that there are several more that should have been given to the Leinster players.............Fact is they were not, Leinster rode their luck and nehanced their repuation as the best team in Europe in the record books by winning!

That's harsh the man wasn't even playing.
D'Arcy was really just acting on instinct and to be honest it might have even been a good thing had he come off.

All done while making love to a beautiful woman.
Adam apparently slotted one from 40m out in training a few months back.
You have no idea how much I would pay to see him do it in a match.

...I am setting this up perfectly for Matt Dunning, if anyone cares do to the honours.

Ferris must be really awful if he can commit penalties when he isn't even on the field. :)

Looked liked Barnes really wanted Sextons last penalty to be between the posts.

Looked liked Barnes really wanted Sextons last penalty to be between the posts.

That's taking it a bit far. He did the sensible thing there and checked. Owens said that he thought it had gone over the post, but suggested it was worth checking considering the importance.

Now your just making things up. That's a penalty offense anyway not a yellow usually.

Seems to me a lot of people here really wanted Leinster to lose.

What.
a.
game.

Now... how on earth do we beat that lot in the final?!?

Latest posts