• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Semi Final: Clermont vs Leinster - 29/04/12

Lads, lads, lads you're forgetting the most important part of this result, Heineken Cup Rugby will be back in Galway next season. :D

I'm desperately dissapointed I can't go out tonight..exam tommorrow...Nonetheless a few celebratory cans will be had

Great game. Couldn't have begrudged Clermont victory had they come out on top. Now to pay €400 for a couple of flights.

What.
a.
game.

Now... how on earth do we beat that lot in the final?!?

Laxat.... oh, I see I've been thoroughly ninja'ed.

Look on the bright side - it's been so long since they lost to us, they're due one by now!

Heineken cup final tickets..... £80
Flights..... £100
Night in a hotel..... £60

The look on Sean O'Brien's face when he tries to run over Ferris...... Priceless

Heineken cup final tickets..... £80
Flights..... £100
Night in a hotel..... £60

The look on Sean O'Brien's face when he tries to run over Ferris...... Priceless

It'll be the same look that he has running over everybody else...calm calculating steel.

but seriously that would be an amazing collision

Leinster dominated that second half and should have gone to kill of Clermont. Clermont were visibly tiring. No doubt Leinster dodged a bullet there near the end. It would have been a bad match to lose in the end if they went out like that because Clermont never really looked like scoring.

The ref missed alot on both sides I thought. The time Kearney was stopped near the line (he butchered the try, should have passed to Luke Fitz to his left) was a yellow card offense too. The home fans shouting might have influenced peoples thinking on things. Sky showed a replay every time they shouted for something.

I thought the Clermont support was magnificent! They created a great atmosphere.

For ****'s sake, how much money did Leinster pay this referee?

Well fought game and both teams deserved a win!
However, I'm glad that it'll be Ulster v Leinster in the final, I reckon it'll be one of the games of the century!

This hurts: An All Ireland FInal and no Munster :(

Only good thing is Connacht are in next year:D

One of the tensest finishes to a game I can remember. I thought Leinster had it wrapped up when they were in the Clermont 22 with five minutes left, but then they gave away two penalties and eighty metres. There were some seriously worried looking faces in the pub. :)

Am I alone in thinking that ninety nine times out of a hundred Fofana would have grounded that ball? I have a feeling that that particular mistake is going to haunt him for a while.

I'm also not necessarily sure that it's a good thing that Connacht will be in the Heineken Cup again next year. Its probably good for them from a financial perspective, but its just going to give ammunition to the detractors of the Heineken Cup qualification system. They'd probably enjoy more success in the Amlin as well, it can't have been good for their supporters or their players losing all but one of their European matches this season.

aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

For ****'s sake, how much money did Leinster pay this referee?

Yeah you're right Leinster had no chance without Barnes being so biased Clermont were saints and Leinster were illegal in everything they did. It's not like Leinster played well or anything either.

Latest posts