Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Heineken%20Cup.png

Aviva Stadium, Dublin - (28/04/2012 - 17:45)

Ulster.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Edinburgh.png

can't see Edinburgh winning this, they beat Toulouse due to Jauzion (out of position at 15) and Timoci Matanavou's incapability of catching a high ball

the bomb/up and under/garryowen/chandelle won them 13 points in total against Toulouse,

a try early on, a yellow card and a penalty as it caused Servat to be offside running back from it, and another penalty as after Matanavou dropped it and then Edinburgh got a penalty from the resulting scrum against a 7 man pack

there is no way this tactic will work as well against an experienced international full back in Stefan Terblanche, they will have to come up with a new plan

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U-lam-ewa8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Everything says Edinburg should get hammered but that was the case in the QF's and they pull it off so Ulster should be weary.

Everything says Edinburg should get hammered but that was the case in the QF's and they pull it off so Ulster should be weary.

I didn't think that for the QFs - mindyou, I don't think it now.

However, I do think most signs are pointing at Ulster victory, which is making me nervous as hell.

I think both teams will come out to run it, should be a cracking game of ruggers

As much as I respect Edinburgh for making it this far, if Ulster can't beat them then they don't deserve to be in the final. Anything can happen on the day and Edinburgh have certainly shown they are capable of upsets but it's hard to deny that Ulster have a far superior team and with "home" advantage they should win.

From experience in knockout rugby in the Aviva/Lansdowne, (exclude Leinsters recent QF) but every game is tight and well go down memory lane.
Many times the team that is written off has won.

I hope Ulster absolutely do them. No reason they shouldn't either, on paper that Ulster team is far superior to Edinburgh.

Yeah, and Toulouse had an absolutely appalling side on paper...

Yeah, and Toulouse had an absolutely appalling side on paper...

Well yeah, but there are a few differences. Ulster are at home, they're not liable to play a centre at full back and they've already played and comfortably beaten Edinburgh twice this year and therefore should know what to expect. Also, I don't reckon Edinburgh have another performance like that in them. Once in a season stuff more than likely. There's this too:

sferris_261385t.jpg

The Edinburgh backrow is better than the Ulster one, though.
Ferris is a beast, and will be the best backrower on the field, but Edinburgh's is the better unit.

What they don't have is the looming shadow of death at every break down, tackle and collision. Oh yes, there will be blood.

Have you never been to Scotland? That's a Tuesday night in any pub.

Normally because someone's been bitten.

Oh, wait...

Ferris is a beast, and will be the best backrower on the field, but Edinburgh's is the better unit.

I'd be surprised if there's much in it tbh. Wannenberg is no slouch either, you don't get 20 Springbok caps of you're not up to scratch. Henry should have been capped by now. I'd don't hold Denton in as high regard as you do, Rennie hasn't been the same player since he suffered all of those injuries and while Talei is a good carrier, I have the feeling he'll get shown up on the weekend. He wasn't great against Toulouse either imo.

It won't be a deciding area as Ulster are better by a distance in pretty much every other line, but I don't think Edinburgh are as far ahead there as you think. You don't beat Clermont, Leicester and Munster with a sub-standard backrow.

Christ, I sound like the children.

Explain your reasoning please.

Well that makes for absolutely awesome conversation.
:D

I don't know, I'm having trouble formulating thoughts at the moment as my diss deadline is tomorrow and I'm ruined off of energy drinks.

The proof of the pudding shall be in the eating, and I now expect Ulster to dick all over the Edinburgh back row :lol:

Latest posts