• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Helen Clark FTW?

If you like elections you'd love the WA state election, it's been a week since the voting and no major party can rule outright, both parties are sucking up to the National party to form a coalition to take them over the edge. The National party got 4% of the total vote in the state, absolutely nuts that they will select the next government, so much for democracy.

Yeah I hope Helen Clark gets re elected I don't trust National never have never will and down with Winston Peters too reminds me of Tukuroirangi Morgan that fulla does.

Yeah John key (?) hes been a bit of a dick aye.. but still pondering my options lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Sep 12 2008, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well I whish her all the best with being re-elected again.[/b]
Whoa! Hold up there...you say "HER"?!
clarke-and-bush.jpg

i give this thread two sniffs untill ripper enters

me personally cant trust national as far as i could throw them right now, but labour has f***ed up alot. however national doesnt have a party to join up with, as the greens, at the moment, are the only other party that will make it in so far. so if national wins, it needs outright.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Sep 12 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you like elections you'd love the WA state election, it's been a week since the voting and no major party can rule outright, both parties are sucking up to the National party to form a coalition to take them over the edge. The National party got 4% of the total vote in the state, absolutely nuts that they will select the next government, so much for democracy.[/b]

That IS democracy (Not to mention they are the only chance for country bumpkins there to get any say and maybe just a little bit back from the minerals boom) what you are proposing is the tyranny of the majority and we have that it fails miserably we have two organisations that are designed to win elections (Labor "party" and Liberal "party") that believe in nothing but power and all politics is safe and set-up for the short-term. (look where such politics has got the river murray?)

No BLR we need small parties and other voices than the usual crap pumped out and packaged for the public and media by the Labor and Liberal Parties.Without them in the federal senate we would of being in alot worse situation and lack of work choices would of being 10x worse. (It was very diluted once Fuhrer Howard got control of the senate and i sincerely doubt if we hadnt given him the boot that would of being the last bit of creating master/servant relationship at work and demonising the unions)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Sep 12 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Winston Peters[/b]

Can anyone explain why the biggest Xenophobe probably in NZ and your answer to Pauline Hanson became Foreign Minister wouldn't that entail dealing with Asians and such.

He would hate that part of the job.

As for the election i hope that you dont elect a Johnny Howard clone from the National Party.The last opposition leader made my skin crawl.

How many terms has Clark won?

I think in terms of length in office, I think the top five Commonwealth ministries would be:

1. John Howard (Australia, Liberal, eleven years, nine months and two days)
2. Margaret Thatcher (United Kingdom, Conservative, eleven years, six months and twenty-four days)
3. Tony Blair (United Kingdom, Labour, ten years, one month and twenty-five days)
4. Jean Chretien (Canada, Liberal, ten years, one month and eight days)
5. Helen Clark* (New Zealand, Labour, nine years and ten months thereabouts)

(*Helen Clark is still in office and therefore is still had a chance of winning the next election)

Fun facts about Prime Ministers!

- The only Commonwealth Prime Minister to serve four terms in office outside of Australia is William Gladstone (3 December 1868 â€" 20 February 1874, 23 April 1880 â€" 23 June 1885, 1 February 1886 â€" 25 July 1886 and 15 August 1892 â€" 5 March 1894).

- Current Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is the only Commonwealth Prime Minister not to have any eyes.

- All of New Zealand's Prime Ministers have been able to spell the word "Labour" correctly.

I'll add more as soon as I find them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Sep 13 2008, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Sep 12 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you like elections you'd love the WA state election, it's been a week since the voting and no major party can rule outright, both parties are sucking up to the National party to form a coalition to take them over the edge. The National party got 4% of the total vote in the state, absolutely nuts that they will select the next government, so much for democracy.[/b]

That IS democracy (Not to mention they are the only chance for country bumpkins there to get any say and maybe just a little bit back from the minerals boom) what you are proposing is the tyranny of the majority and we have that it fails miserably we have two organisations that are designed to win elections (Labor "party" and Liberal "party") that believe in nothing but power and all politics is safe and set-up for the short-term. (look where such politics has got the river murray?)

No BLR we need small parties and other voices than the usual crap pumped out and packaged for the public and media by the Labor and Liberal Parties.Without them in the federal senate we would of being in alot worse situation and lack of work choices would of being 10x worse. (It was very diluted once Fuhrer Howard got control of the senate and i sincerely doubt if we hadnt given him the boot that would of being the last bit of creating master/servant relationship at work and demonising the unions)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Sep 12 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Winston Peters[/b]

Can anyone explain why the biggest Xenophobe probably in NZ and your answer to Pauline Hanson became Foreign Minister wouldn't that entail dealing with Asians and such.

As for the election i hope that you dont elect a Johnny Howard clone from the National Party.The last opposition leader made my skin crawl.
[/b][/quote]

Just replying about the Winston Peters part. It's trendy to cite factually incorrect things about anyone's immigration policies.

Winston has in recent days shown himself to be a fraudulent fool, but let's keep our other facts straight before inferring he's a racist. Winston is more than happy to work with any culture and to have any culture live in New Zealand.

The source of all the "Winston Peter's is a racist" talk comes from this part of his beliefs. He believes that if you allow immigration to be largely introduced from any one specific culture, eventually that culture will become the dominant culture in the indigenous land. His solution to this would've been to regulate immigration so as to keep an equal variety of incoming cultures and at least preserving a balance of sorts.

Try going into a China or Iran over 20 years with the a couple of million Americans who want to set up some communities. One, they'd never let them do it. Two, they'd never be allowed to settle peacefully.

That would be the case even though the local culture would never be overwhelmed due to a fairly large population in Iran and a massive one in China. New Zealand has just over 4 million. Already a huge number of them are recently immigrated asian.

That in itself is not a problem, they could all be english, indian, french or anything else and Winston would've felt the same. In this case it just happens to be asian. Add to this, that some of these people have not made any effort to assimilate into the local culture. Those who have are to be commended, but the larger issue Winston was getting at was preserving a cultural balance.

With such a small population, it is gradually becoming an issue. So, let's think a bit before calling him a racist or anything like it. He's more of a culturalist.

Besides all that, of late he's definitely been an idiot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Sep 13 2008, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Sep 13 2008, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Winston Peters[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Just replying about the Winston Peters part. It's trendy to cite factually incorrect things about anyone's immigration policies.

Winston has in recent days shown himself to be a fraudulent fool, but let's keep our other facts straight before inferring he's a racist. Winston is more than happy to work with any culture and to have any culture live in New Zealand.

The source of all the "Winston Peter's is a racist" talk comes from this part of his beliefs. He believes that if you allow immigration to be largely introduced from any one specific culture, eventually that culture will become the dominant culture in the indigenous land. His solution to this would've been to regulate immigration so as to keep an equal variety of incoming cultures and at least preserving a balance of sorts.

Try going into a China or Iran over 20 years with the a couple of million Americans who want to set up some communities. One, they'd never let them do it. Two, they'd never be allowed to settle peacefully.

That would be the case even though the local culture would never be overwhelmed due to a fairly large population in Iran and a massive one in China. New Zealand has just over 4 million. Already a huge number of them are recently immigrated asian.

That in itself is not a problem, they could all be english, indian, french or anything else and Winston would've felt the same. In this case it just happens to be asian. Add to this, that some of these people have not made any effort to assimilate into the local culture. Those who have are to be commended, but the larger issue Winston was getting at was preserving a cultural balance.

With such a small population, it is gradually becoming an issue. So, let's think a bit before calling him a racist or anything like it. He's more of a culturalist.

[/b][/quote]
Fantastic post!

I think Winston Peters is an alright minister of immigration and being cultured himself I guess it helps a little but like you say if any one specific culture is largely introduced they are capable of becoming the dominant culture it happens everywhere in the world.

African Americans were introduced to U.S.A and now the Red Indians are hardly heard of and here in New Zealand I reckon us Maori will eventually fade out and some day you'll see us in a Musuem with people looking at us like the Moriori. I think we're just lucky to still have a grip on our country because with this being one of the most multi cultured countries in the world it'll be pretty easy for some other culture to try and take over especially with the amount of Maori going over Australia.

Anyway back to Aunty Helen I think the old girl deserves another chance she's done pretty good for New Zealand while she's been Prime Minister. There are a few things like the cost of living going up and petrol prices but it's been happening everywhere else too. I just don't trust National thou or Winston Peters especially after Winston got all the Maori votes thinking he was going Labour than the c*** switched to National and well Jim Bolger wasn't the greatest Prime Minister was he.

Yeah this is John Keys election to lose....and he is doing his best to lose it. Any other previous National leader would have taken full advantage of the way the public have been switching over to national....but Mr Keys is just stuffing it up by looking like a real dodo. People are upset with Labour but John Keys and Co are giving the public nothing for them to make the switch confidently.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Sep 13 2008, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Sep 13 2008, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Winston Peters[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Ideas that a certain ethnic/religious group are going to overrun a country are rubbish and are used by people like him and Pauline Hanson (She said that Australia was going to be flooded with Asians) and politicians long before Mr.Peters came around to appeal to an audience and to win votes.To say its new and/or specific to NZ is rubbish the theory is old as the hills and based on Racism and Prejudice.

Its only an issue if you want it to be its not a real issue real issues are Health,Education etc.I think the real issue is people's prejudice and the fact that some dont integrate.

So yeah racist might be a stretch but i stand by the idea that he is a xenophobe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Sep 13 2008, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No BLR we need small parties and other voices than the usual crap pumped out and packaged for the public and media by the Labor and Liberal Parties.Without them in the federal senate we would of being in alot worse situation and lack of work choices would of being 10x worse. (It was very diluted once Fuhrer Howard got control of the senate and i sincerely doubt if we hadnt given him the boot that would of being the last bit of creating master/servant relationship at work and demonising the unions)[/b]
I think I should explain the situation more, the National party used the fact they had enough to choose the winner of the election single handedly to blackmail the parties to give them money for their various minority initiatives....that's not democracy, that's a farce.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Sep 15 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Sep 13 2008, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No BLR we need small parties and other voices than the usual crap pumped out and packaged for the public and media by the Labor and Liberal Parties.Without them in the federal senate we would of being in alot worse situation and lack of work choices would of being 10x worse. (It was very diluted once Fuhrer Howard got control of the senate and i sincerely doubt if we hadnt given him the boot that would of being the last bit of creating master/servant relationship at work and demonising the unions)[/b]
I think I should explain the situation more, the National party used the fact they had enough to choose the winner of the election single handedly to blackmail the parties to give them money for their various minority initiatives....that's not democracy, that's a farce.
[/b][/quote]

They can only play the situation in front of them BLR blame Alan Carpenter for trying to manipulate the situation.If they use the situation to get a better deal for the country then all the power to them.

Oh and i know a fair bit about the WA election thankyou. (I cant believe that twat Colin Barnett is in office i give his premiership 12-24 months tops)

Anyway ill scurry back to Australia and leave you to it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Sep 13 2008, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah this is John Keys election to lose....and he is doing his best to lose it. Any other previous National leader would have taken full advantage of the way the public have been switching over to national....but Mr Keys is just stuffing it up by looking like a real dodo. People are upset with Labour but John Keys and Co are giving the public nothing for them to make the switch confidently.[/b]

this is also my view. i will never vote for a national party, however, labour has done alot which alot of people dont agree with. and what they have done, which has been good, hasnt been spun the right way with the media (ie smacking etc) thank god for minor partys to be honest. so i can vote for a left party, which isnt labour - and am entitled to complain!

Ah let's all vote SNP so I don't have to be a part of the circus that is "Great" Britain.

SALMOND FOR KING!