• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Help , Digital TV / Freeview novice needs advice

I've got Freeview Tv and all my channels work perfectly but I did notice that sometimes if it's stormy weather I'll get a bad signal. Have you got it hooked up to your satellite? because some people don't realise you have to have a satellite for it to work properly.

I haven't got hooked up to the satelite , I just stuck the aerial into the back of the digital tv and connected to aerial in the wall. It worked this way for my old house in London. It's the same story with my freeview box too. Worked OK in London but here in Brighton it doesn't get a thing. I have a satelite dish , and the SKY works ok , just not the non SKY rooms ( if that makes sense ! ) .

Any help really appreciated

In reply to jawmalawm24, Freeview in Britain (DVB-T) does not work through a satellite.

The problem could be the wiring, it sounds as though there is one main areal on the roof with the signal being split to the various rooms. Your problem is probably that the 'splitters' used to split the signal aren't digital capable (I had this problem before).

You will have to speak to your landlord to see if he/she is willing to get someone out to take a look (I think it's their responsibility, as analogue is in the process of being turned off). Do you pick up any channels if you plug in a standard terrestrial tv (no digi box)?

Yep, I get analogue no problems . I get a very very week digital signal . I have SKY coming round next week to sort out SKY + recording so will see if they can do anything

thanks for help

Latest posts