• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Help needed please!

M

munross

Can someone please help me with this?I tried to "correct" the Sale Sharks' mini-kits that came with the MUP.When you have to select a team the mini-kit that appears for Sale's home kit is the white one but if you play the game their kit is the blue one which as far as I know is correct...

So I thought I would just rename the kits to swap them around, got all the filenames from rugbyGob.xls file and renamed them all to now be correct...but when I loaded the game again this appears:
kitsale.jpg

All their mini-kits are now replaced by a white square :mellow:

This also happend when I tried to rename the mini-kits of Toulon in the MUP to the Europe Allstars' mini-kit names

Can any of you kit/mini-kit makers please help me and tell me if I'm doing something wrong?Help would be greatly appreciated :bravo:

Cheers
Ross

you don t rename mini kit like logo.
if you have do the png you must insert the png in the mini kit file because there is inside the name of the mini kit and if you rename mini kit there is conflict between the name inside the mini kit and the name of the mini kit.

Thanks for the help pageski!

I hex edited that name inside the file and it works fine now, I found out that eg. kchier1(mini-kit of the chiefs) the "r1" is for r=right and 1=home and then eg. "l2" is for l=left and 2=away.
Amazing what one can do with hex editing :) .

Also I saw that if you want to get the European Allstars mini-kits to work you have to put their "logo" name in that is found in the be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml file, so for the European Allstars you will use "estr" so it looks like this "kestrr1".

Hope this helps other people too that struggled like I did with this ;)

I had the same problem with Sale minikits LOL. Great idea about hex editing, but i've just imported the kits again.

I will see it s the same problem i have because when you try to see the minikit right away for south north world stars mikit is only white and the name is good (i test with filemon) for the file but i don t see inside.
Good idea to rename with the hexa editor.
And i think it is the same for logo because there is too name inside but its long there are different name inside

Basically, each minikit file is assigned to a team. You can't take a minikit file and use it for all the others, it does not load the correct path. You can hex-edit the file so it loads the code value, but you have to know the code value.

Best bet is to just extract the original files, edit in the image, save and then add to game. I know there's 4 for each team, so that's why i made the minikit template central so you have just 2 images, rather than 4 flipped ones.

Latest posts