• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Help with the new rules.

W

Woldog

Hi, well I finished playing rugby this year for school and next year they have the new rules fully implemented, could anyone please give me a break down of the new rules. Like the as many people as you want in the line out and the like.
Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 26 2008, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi, well I finished playing rugby this year for school and next year they have the new rules fully implemented, could anyone please give me a break down of the new rules. Like the as many people as you want in the line out and the like.
Thanks.[/b]

You'll probably find them on the IRB site ...
Anyway I'll list the ones I know

-Numbers at line out
-Touching the corner flag does not make you in touch
-Quick throw at line out may not be straight
-Scrum time offside line is 5 meters back from the scrum for both teams
-kick on the full whe the ball was passed back in the 22 is forbidden
-At ruck time, playing on the ground, not rolling away (defense) and holding on (offense) are free kicks (quick tap, scrum or kick)

I think there are some more but I can(t recall them...

Btw, nice avatar, Okamura is pretty funny sometimes.

Watching through all the Super 14 games of this year I noticed how many times they screwed up that 22 rule.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 29 2008, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Watching through all the Super 14 games of this year I noticed how many times they screwed up that 22 rule.[/b]
In the earlier rounds of the ANZ Cup alot of 1st 5's were stuffing up with the 22m rule. It's a hard rule thou because if you pass it back into your own 22m and than there's a breakdown than you can kick it out on a full. In the ANZ Cup they've also gone from a 4 stage scrum to a 3 stage.

Latest posts