• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henjak is GONE

http://www.super14.com/news/viewarticle.asp?id=10591

I guess he took the fall again, hey BLR?
[/b]
He never had a chance, with SMH on the bandwagon and the ARU doing the same he was always going to get done....

A thing that worries me is the conflicting reports....first they say it was in a bathroom, then they same in was in the garden outside the bar, then they say Haig was hit while sitting down. (how many stools are in bathrooms?)

After all the **** the Tahs players get away with (Dunning has broken a team-mates nose and been an all round ******** for years) hopefully the ARU will start being fair about how they handle these things in the future...

Ah well, he'll either go North or become a mungo now...

Hmm.. does Sare look like a quokka?
44_quokka.jpg

How about after a few pints? Maybe he could have used that in his defence.

Say all you want about the Waratahs, but the Force players have just too much free time on their hands.

Say all you want about the Waratahs, but the Force players have just too much free time on their hands.
[/b]
This is two incidents, TWO....don't think it represents the Force at all...I think you have been reading too much of the media beat up....

I know, mate, just rubbing it in.
Still, two major scandals in just two years of existence. And it's quite obvious that RugbyWA wants this to end, with Henjak's sacking and Sare's suspension&ban a loud and clear message.

I wonder if Henjak has been approached by any teams from Europe yet?

That wasn't a bar room brawl... Where were the handbags? [/b]
No handbags...only in the North Island of NZ, particularly on the lower east coast...

there's been a couple of stories that he's trying to get into an nrl team but all have knocked him back so far since they basically all have their roster locked in for 2008. it seems likely that he will end up in europe somewhere at this stage.

Yeah ak I read the raiders were interested him about 4 year ago or so when he was stuck behind gerogie gregan at the brumbies but then he decided to stick out before he got the western force spot.

they have nothing for him this year as they believe union halfbacks are actually better at hookers in league. they also mentioned he would have to be taught how to play league again since he hasn't played it in so long and they couldn't do it this year because firstly they had no room for him in the top squad or premier league team where he could be taught how to play. I think it was neil henry quoted as saying they would be keen on him in 2009 though when they would have spot for him and more time to teach him the game.

they also mentioned he would have to be taught how to play league again since he hasn't played it in so long
[/b]
What's to learn? Run, tackle, wiggle on the floor= repeat for 80 minutes. :D

I disliked/hated/despised the cheeky bugger from the start!!!

That hair was atrocious, a crime against humanity. Lets hope that the Australian citing comission, ARU etc. will continue to punish players appropriately after a few shocking omissions over the past few years in the citing department.

<div class='quotemain'>
http://www.super14.com/news/viewarticle.asp?id=10591

I guess he took the fall again, hey BLR?
[/b]
He never had a chance, with SMH on the bandwagon and the ARU doing the same he was always going to get done....

A thing that worries me is the conflicting reports....first they say it was in a bathroom, then they same in was in the garden outside the bar, then they say Haig was hit while sitting down. (how many stools are in bathrooms?)

After all the **** the Tahs players get away with (Dunning has broken a team-mates nose and been an all round ******** for years) hopefully the ARU will start being fair about how they handle these things in the future...

Ah well, he'll either go North or become a mungo now...
[/b][/quote]

he wanted an NRL contract but thats gone down the toilet to

I disliked/hated/despised the cheeky bugger from the start!!!

That hair was atrocious, a crime against humanity. Lets hope that the Australian citing comission, ARU etc. will continue to punish players appropriately after a few shocking omissions over the past few years in the citing department.
[/b]

did he think he was the **** with that hair or something?

Good riddance i despised his taste in hair styles and it wasnt as if he was great anyway

Timeline:

10 February - Matt Henjak and Haig Sare involved in a fight in public. Sare sustains a broken jaw.

12 February - ARU asks RugbyWA to expedite a judiciary hearing after Henjak flies to South Africa with Force squad.

13 February - RugbyWA Conduct Committee convenes, then adjourns hearing to give players time to prepare a defence.

15 February - Henjak plays for Force in opening round of Super 14 against Sharks in Durban.

17 February - Henjak flies home in preparation for Conduct Committee hearing.

19 February - RugbyWA Conduct Committee opens hearing at 6pm. Hearing lasts eight hours. Conduct Committee recommends contract termination.

20 February - RugbyWA acknowledges findings and decisions of Committee.

22 February - ARU considers the findings and decisions of the Committee to be appropriate.

Henjak's greatest hits:

* 2007 - Broke teammate Haig Sare's jaw in a barroom altercation

* 2005 - Punched and bit lower league player Michael Girvan at Owen Finegan's farewell party

* 2005 - Becomes the first Aussie to be sent home on tour in 40 years, after he "threw ice at a group of students" in a Cape Town nightclub.

* 2004 - Allegedly assaulted a Cape Town man, costing the Force AU$15000 in a settlement.

Sounds like he has had it coming for a while, hopefully it deters others from acting the same

This latest incident is the only one that warrants any concern really. In this case he seriously compromised the career of another player and that's not on. As for the rest its nothing that the majority of the people on this board haven't done once or twice. It's part of growing up. And unfortunately alot of these players have to do their growing up in the public eye. I can't believe there are people here who call themselves rugby fans and are actually criticising the guy's hair. Have we really sunk to that level?

19 February - RugbyWA Conduct Committee opens hearing at 6pm. Hearing lasts eight hours. Conduct Committee recommends contract termination.
[/b]

8 hours?? what the heck do they talk about for that long?

"aw so we should terminate his contract because he is a twat? those who agree say aiii"
"aiii"
"Sweet as, with that settled. so john, hows the wife, the kids?"
"not too shabby there Gabrielle, fancy a game of 08?"
"bags South Africa!!"

:lol2tn: yeah 8 hrs wtf???

anyway -

This latest incident is the only one that warrants any concern really. In this case he seriously compromised the career of another player and that's not on. As for the rest its nothing that the majority of the people on this board haven't done once or twice. It's part of growing up. And unfortunately alot of these players have to do their growing up in the public eye. I can't believe there are people here who call themselves rugby fans and are actually criticising the guy's hair. Have we really sunk to that level? [/b]

now hold on a minute - someone who is not only representing your state, but your country should be an outstanding citizen. people who others look up to cant be going around causing fights, losing their temper or doing stupid things. especailly violence. who are you? mr ropati or someone? one thing that really gets me is when celebraties get off lightly. they should be procecuted to the full extent of the law. its not hard to be a good citizen and as role models they should be. sure us mere mortals can afford to get up to no good, but we arnt at such a high status as these people are. i belive that not even a hawkes bay prop who blindsides another player should be sticking around. its not an accident, if you punch someone you clearly havent slipped.

good bye henjak - youve blowen it. he was given a 2nd chance when he came from south africa and he did not feel the full concequences of a new carrer.

Latest posts