• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henry Vanderglas Joins Bristol Rugby

I don't know if I want to be considered an 'Aussie-type' person, but I have seen a bit of Vanderglas over the last few years. He's been on the Sevens circuit for a number of years with the Australian team (and is a very good Sevens player), but he's played very little XV's rugby at Super Rugby level. Despite being part of the Brumbies training squads for the last 3-4 years he's only played seven games for the Brumbies, with only two starts. He's certainly got the size to be a quality loose-forward forward - he's listed at 1.93m (6'4) and 109kg (17st 2lb) - and he has certainly shown he has plenty of pace on the Sevens circuit. I'm not really sure why he's never really excelled in the VX's game, perhaps a change in scenery will do him good.

I don't know if I want to be considered an 'Aussie-type' person, but I have seen a bit of Vanderglas over the last few years. He's been on the Sevens circuit for a number of years with the Australian team (and is a very good Sevens player), but he's played very little XV's rugby at Super Rugby level. Despite being part of the Brumbies training squads for the last 3-4 years he's only played seven games for the Brumbies, with only two starts. He's certainly got the size to be a quality loose-forward forward - he's listed at 1.93m (6'4) and 109kg (17st 2lb) - and he has certainly shown he has plenty of pace on the Sevens circuit. I'm not really sure why he's never really excelled in the VX's game, perhaps a change in scenery will do him good.

Sorry if I offended you with that. Nothing was intended by it.

Thanks for that info, looks a decent player and someone who should really boost our chances of coming back up.

@Cymro. I hope not, Merriman is probably been out most consistently good performer since he signed. I see it as a plan b as it suggests Ovens will stay with Bath

Excellent Sevens player, scored several tries from his own half, glad to see the back of him really :p

Watched him make his debut for Bris from the bench against Rotherham, he looked very good. Bris have also signed Redford Pennycook from Newcastle so with Grieve,Merriman, Montagu, Ovens and Mama the back row options are excellent.

Latest posts