• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henson considering rugby future

C

Cymro

Gavin Henson is considering his rugby future in the wake of his latest injury nightmare that has virtually ruined his Lions tour hopes this summer.

The Wales centre, 27, admits he would be a "liability" for the Lions tour to South Africa after being ruled out for up eight weeks with an ankle injury.

Asked if he questions his own future, Henson admitted to BBC Sport: "Those thoughts run through my head.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...eys/7973176.stm

I can see where he is coming from, went through the same thing after I did my injury last year.

Ahh he didnt actually say that though. It was more an expression of his dissapointment.

The injury is a shame but he's got plenty of years left in him.

No he is seriosuly thinking of quitting. He has had many injuries just wonder if he could comeback from another one!

Henson is a good player, but just seems very unlucky with injuries.. like the disaster zone that is Jonny Wilkinson's body. He's 27. he's got years in him left, but what must **** you right off is that they just happen as you are gaining momentum for a major tournament. Injuries just seem to follow some players around like chains around their ankles.

I suppose if he did retire he could become a rep for a tanning salon, the face for brylcreem or advertise Venus shaving products for women.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Apr 3 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Henson is a good player, but just seems very unlucky with injuries.. like the disaster zone that is Jonny Wilkinson's body. He's 27. he's got years in him left, but what must **** you right off is that they just happen as you are gaining momentum for a major tournament. Injuries just seem to follow some players around like chains around their ankles.

I suppose if he did retire he could become a rep for a tanning salon, the face for brylcreem or advertise Venus shaving products for women.[/b]

:lol:

Gav will be thinking of going into a singing career with Church.

MC Gav on the mike.

Sorry to be an 4ss, but I hate Henson. I couldn't care less if he retires, in my opinion, his best moments were in 2005 but now he just isn't a world class player

I dunno hey, i never really rated him.. For me, he is an ok player, but nowhere near the same quality as Jean de Villiers, Jacques Fourie, BOD or Stirling Mortlock. But he deserved a little better than getting hurt all the time.

Oh well, no pain, no gain.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ May 19 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I dunno hey, i never really rated him.. For me, he is an ok player, but nowhere near the same quality as Jean de Villiers, Jacques Fourie, BOD or Stirling Mortlock. But he deserved a little better than getting hurt all the time.

Oh well, no pain, no gain.[/b]
I think Henson is a good player, can kick and run but he cant pass. *cough* wont pass!

I rate Fourie highly but I am annoyed because he scored that try against us!!!BOOO!!!

Stupid Southwell...gets some boots that you wont fall over in!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ May 19 2009, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Those are very good reasons to hate a person.[/b]
Okay, I don't hate him, I just hate how he plays (but just for the record, I think he's a prick)

What are his injuries?

Is it all hamstrings? Or is it joint trouble, ligaments etc? Last thing I remember was achilles, which is serious.

Definitely great potential - needs to get out there, take inhuman punishment, and just do it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ May 20 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What are his injuries?

Is it all hamstrings? Or is it joint trouble, ligaments etc? Last thing I remember was achilles, which is serious.

Definitely great potential - needs to get out there, take inhuman punishment, and just do it.[/b]

Yeah he did his achilles again playing in the EDF energy semi final. Bit gutting really. I, like a few on here, don't really rate Gavin Henson. For me he never really does enough to warrant being 'world class'. He did have his moments though but I just think there are far more better centres out there.

his hairstyles and gabby girlfriend will be missed by some, unlike his inability to show up with his a game

Latest posts