• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henson & Jones argue over tactics

C

Cymro

Gavin Henson admits a row with Wales skipper Ryan Jones led him to storm off the pitch after Wales' 20-15 Italy win.

Wales won a penalty with 80 minutes gone and, chasing points for a ***le challenge, chose to go for a long-range goal rather than ending the game.

Henson, whose siege-gun boot would have been best-suited to the kick, disagreed strongly, the penalty handed to Stephen Jones whose effort fell well short.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...lsh/7944916.stm

Im afraid im with Henson on this one!

Henson's 'siege-gun' boot, which hasn't been used for centuries? God the media is deluded.

And yeh, I agree with him, but he's been developing a bad reputation as of late. Would have been better if he'd kept his mouth shut.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 15 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Henson's 'siege-gun' boot, which hasn't been used for centuries? God the media is deluded.

And yeh, I agree with him, but he's been developing a bad reputation as of late. Would have been better if he'd kept his mouth shut.[/b]

Yea the media does over hype at times! But we should have gone to the corner even if we failed to score!

my screen froze at the end of the game, was this a kickable penalty? If it was than surely Henson should have stepped up and slotted the goal, would have meant 11 points as opposed to 13.

I think it was pretty much on the halfway line, about 5 - 7 metres in from touch. Henson actually said he didn't want the kick so...
And it would have made it 7 points as opposed to 13, you mean.

well if it was just a penalty than that would have put Wales' points difference at +24 meaning they'd have needed an 11 point victory.

What the article doesn't point out is that Henson then stormed off the pitch and refused to shake any hands. He then didn't come out with the rest of the team who went out to thank the fans for enduring the sun, wine and sights of Rome....and a pretty awful Welsh display.

Fair enough he has a right to have his say but he forgets that if he ain't wearing an armband that says "Captain" on it then in terms of things he's pretty far down in the pecking order. On top of that his actions post match were nothing short of stupid and he needs to think about growing up and not having a tantrum every time he doesn't get his way.

I love hearing stories like this 6 days from the MS showdown :D

Hopefully some more during the week :p

I earnestly look forward to the Irish fans "ooOOOOOOoooo'ing" like women whenever Henson gets the ball. Maybe a few wolf whistles and handbags thrown at him wouldn't go amiss either.

That last game Wales played at the old Lansdowne when Henson made his "come back" was utter genius, I was on the floor laughing whenever Henson got the ball and half the stadium as one shouted "Ooooooooh! Matron!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 15 2009, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well if it was just a penalty than that would have put Wales' points difference at +24 meaning they'd have needed an 11 point victory.[/b]
Mmm, yes, my mistake.

well the big screen shot of him changing his shorts got the crowd whistling with more jeers coming from the Welsh contingent. The return of the perma tanned one was a moment of comedy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 15 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Hopefully some more during the week :p[/b]

I hope that Shaun Edwards massacres them this week (not literally).

If we are going to beat youse then we need to shut up and put up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 15 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 15 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hopefully some more during the week :p[/b]

I hope that Shaun Edwards massacres them this week (not literally).

If we are going to beat youse then we need to shut up and put up.
[/b][/quote]

nah cmon let's have the battle of the fake tans between Byrne and Henson.

Tarbh, you are nearly as bad as Teh Mite with those comments. Well not even close, but you know what I mean

Latest posts