• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henson out of the World Cup

O

ospreys1987

It's just been announced on the news that Gavin Henson is out of the RWC. I dont know why yet it wasnt disclosed but he is definately out of the WC, I'd guess at it being his current achilles tendon trouble. This will definately be a big blow for Wales

Bad luck for him and Wales-looks like they'll stick to the Jones-Hook 10-12 combo.

Give him more time to prattle on to the press about how suicidal he is then... Also give Wales an oppotunity to play some better players rather then the media money-maker at centre or full back.

A blessing in disguise.

It's funny how its mainly the English that jump on the We Hate Henson bandwagon, nothing to do with That Kick is it? :p

But I think Henson is the Welsh teams best option at 12, who is the next best Hook? He plays his best rugby at 10, with Gav outside him. Henson and Shanks work really well at 12-13 too. Its a big loss for the Welsh

Bad luck for him and Wales-looks like they'll stick to the Jones-Hook 10-12 combo.[/b]

That's really the problem, we always did **** with that combo. Henson is a potential match-winner, nobody can disagree with that.

I think Henson is the Welsh teams best option at 12 [/b]
Agreed. Not that I dont think Hook isnt a quality player but I dont think hes a quality 12 (yet). A damn shame really.

i think hook doesnt have the defensive presence that henson has. or shanklin or parker for that matter.

this is a damn shame.. i was looking forward for his inspiration to what new hair style he had to offer!

another player i won't get to see at the WC, he was pretty good when he came down with the lions, but clive was a anus and put all his england troops in the line-up.

hard luck pal

First Spies, now Henson...Good lord I hope nothing happens to the all mighty CHABAL!

Bad luck for him and Wales-looks like they'll stick to the Jones-Hook 10-12 combo.[/b]

That's really the problem, we always did **** with that combo. Henson is a potential match-winner, nobody can disagree with that.
[/b]

Yeah Hook is a brilliant outhalf but he can't seem to have the same impact on the game from 12. And Henson-Shanklin is the only really good centre pairing (in terms of complementing each other) that Wales have had recently.

It's just been announced on the news that Gavin Henson is out of the RWC. I dont know why yet it wasnt disclosed but he is definately out of the WC, I'd guess at it being his current achilles tendon trouble. This will definately be a big blow for Wales [/b]

Why? He has not played with the full strength Welsh side for a couple of years as far as I remember.

First Spies, now Henson...Good lord I hope nothing happens to the all mighty CHABAL! [/b]

Well the French have already lost Vermeulen which was their best back row players this last year. They're going to play three warm-up test matchs there should be some injuries and players that cannot play the RWC. It can be Chabal which will be involved I guess in all three games in order to get more experience at his new position, i.e. lock.

<div class='quotemain'> It's just been announced on the news that Gavin Henson is out of the RWC. I dont know why yet it wasnt disclosed but he is definately out of the WC, I'd guess at it being his current achilles tendon trouble. This will definately be a big blow for Wales [/b]

Why? He has not played with the full strength Welsh side for a couple of years as far as I remember.

[/b][/quote]

Cos he is clearly Wales' best inside centre. Yeah he has been in and out of the national squad for the past two year, due to injury and a bullshit over-the-top suspension for an "elbow" after being hit from behind off the ball. Also, according to his autobiography, during the 2005 Grand Slam he was playing with a groin injury so we are still to see Henson at his very best

It's funny how its mainly the English that jump on the We Hate Henson bandwagon, nothing to do with That Kick is it? :p [/b]

Nah, it's because he's an over rated haircut who's only famous for humping a fat, annoying, former child pop star, thus he thinks he's Beckham. Only without any talent.

A Jones/Hook combination would allow far more running, thus allowing Wales to play this running style that Ruddock managed to bring out 2 years ago... When was the last time Henson actually broke a defensive line that lead to anything?

Sounds a lot like jealousy/envy to me :p He is clearly not talentless, any neutral rugby fan can see that he is very talented. His vision is superb, and when he is on his best he would walk into most teams first XV. This discussion is pretty much pointless as we both see each other as the "old enemy" and will never agree as I'm guessing we both see each others star players and media darlings as overhyped and over rated.... But thats life eh?

Doesn't anybody understand that we play horribly with a Jones-Hook combo, look at the Scotland and Ireland matches for example, we didn't even score a bloody try! Henson would be 95% of Welsh rugby supporter's first choice at inside centre. We simply don't have anyone else good enough to play there!

A Jones/Hook combination would allow far more running, thus allowing Wales to play this running style that Ruddock managed to bring out 2 years ago... When was the last time Henson actually broke a defensive line that lead to anything? [/b]

That Jones/Hook thing didn't work out spectacularly well during the 6N. His long distance punting and goal-kicking will also be missed.

i think hook doesnt have the defensive presence that henson has. or shanklin or parker for that matter. [/b]

Please, PLEASE don't mention that name in the same sentence as Welsh internationals again.

When was the last time Henson actually broke a defensive line that lead to anything? [/b]

When was the last time Henson started 3 consecutive games of rugby? <_<

When was the last time Henson actually broke a defensive line that lead to anything? [/b]

It was 1806 and t'was a fine year.
Pottery was in the "in thing" then and slags and whores were burnt at the stake for fear of catching their promiscuity.
A lady named Josephine Galadway made a name for herself as a village wench with flowers to be truly admired and cooking to be tasted by all.
I remember walking through the fields during the summer of that year thinking to myself that life truly is uptopic. German Shepperds (known as Alsations back then) yelped playfully beside me as i took my fair lady in my hand and declared that i wanted our love to last forever.

Those truly were the good old days...

I hear henson still may be able to make it to the RWC as a replacement depending on if he is fit enough etc.

"Jenkins added that Henson could still be called up if Wales needed to replace an injured player during the tournament.

"If his form is good and he's improved on fitness between now and September, then he'll have a chance," Jenkins said. "Anything can happen in a World Cup.""

How about just keep him in the squad because its pretty obvious that he will most likely recover by the time the RWC rolls around in another month or so, and even if he doesnt he'll probably still end up doing more with that roster spot than sonny parker would.

Latest posts