• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henson out of the World Cup

Henson said himself that he'll be 100% fit by the start of the world cup. Can't understand dropping him now. Instead GJ has called Nicky Robinson into the squad!!! What's the point in that.

I can understad to some extent the reasoning for this. He has yet to prove anything for a long time (partly Gareth Jenkins' fault for not giving him a start in Oz), but he is the best option for 12 we have, he's a match winner on his day, and he's shown glimpses of what he can do in every welsh match he's been a part in, even the hammering by NZ in 2006.

He could still have played against Canada come world cup. Missed the Oz game if GJ thought best, then given him chances against Fiji or Japan. If we are gonna progress past the QF we need all the best tallent we have available to us, and he is certainly talented.

We better not lose any more players of this callibre.

:lol:

Oh, i can't state how much i hate GJ sometimes.
Seriously? Nicky Robinson? That guy is utter shite. He's inconsistent (to say the least) at club level - he is NOT international material.
Yeah, it's "only" a 30 man squad we're allowed by f***ing hell, i'd rather an injured Henson in there than Nicky "The Numpty" Robinson.

GJ just never wanted Henson in his squad in the first place.

Gavin Henson is overrated and he is probably out because he has a pimple on his face he is more worried about his looks than his rugby Wales can almost be glad he is out

Gavin Henson is overrated and he is probably out because he has a pimple on his face he is more worried about his looks than his rugby Wales can almost be glad he is out [/b]

Sorry completely disagree.I'm not a fan of his off the pitch lifestyle etc. but he is still a good player. I don't give a toss what a player looks like if they can win us matches.

He did need to pick his act up over the last couple yrs, but it appeard to me that he had. Before this latest injury, he was apparently training increadibly hard, first one to training and last one to leave.

Let's hope he comes back stronger, faster and better..... and show GJ what an idiot he was to leave him out.

Gavin Henson is overrated and he is probably out because he has a pimple on his face he is more worried about his looks than his rugby Wales can almost be glad he is out [/b]

What a remarkable contribution. Idiot.

If Henson is indeed still viewed as the way he was playing back in 05 then yes he'd be overrated, but i doubt many people are still living on the repuatation.
We know what he's capable of and we know that his injuries have held him back, but he could have proved useful for us in the world cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/scrumv/
BBC Wales announced that they have found Henson's Replacement.

Little_051031092813208_wideweb__300x375.jpg

How can he be overrated, most of the ill-informed people who rarely see him play claim he's utter ****. I think Henson is probably the most underrated player in the world.

Gareth Jenkins wont pick high profile players unless they are Scarlets. Cockbain is out of the team and the rumour is that he doesnt get on with GJ, Hook should be starting at 10 with Henson outside him yet cos Jenkins is a twat he will always pick Stephen Jones at 10, forcing Hook to the bench or 12. Gareth Jenkins obviously doesnt like the high profile lifestyle that Henson lives so he wont pick him unless he absolutely has too

Latest posts