• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HES announces Rugby League Live for PS3/360

Their not taken! Well that makes it:

C A Iversen: Cronulla Sharks (psn id: craigiversen)
Radman: New Zealand Warriors (psn id: RadmanNZ)
Amy Iversen: South Sydney Rabbitohs (psn id: AmyIversen)
ynuiguy: Wests Tigers (psn id: YNUIGUY)

I guess we need two more maybe to get things started. All competitors are New Zealanders so far, so connections should be okay. I might start a new thread for us soon to get this all going. :D

I'll be keen to join when I get my new copy. Got my ps3 back from the shop and the idiots had lost my League. Guted as. Probly be in the next couple of weeks.

well i'd like the Crusaders, but if Cymro o'r Olly want em they can have first dibs :D seeing as they have been on here longer than me :D :D
I'll take Catalans (though i'm getting the 360 version, and i think this is a PS3 tourno)

360 is where its at noobs!

TVH11 take the Crusaders pal, ill be having my own private tourney on the 360 :p

So far,

St Helens RLFC: St Helens RLFC (psn id: unsure as yet)
TVH11: Celtic Crusaders (psn id: unsure as yet)

BenzDG1, please let us know which team you'd like and what your psn id is. :)

Cymro, I reckon it'd be awesome if you ran a 360 one. I'd imagine Locksley and a few others would be up for it. Probably would fill up slots pretty quick given the 360 community on TRF. :)

So far,

TVH11: Celtic Crusaders (psn id: unsure as yet)

BenzDG1, please let us know which team you'd like and what your psn id is. :)

Cymro, I reckon it'd be awesome if you ran a 360 one. I'd imagine Locksley and a few others would be up for it. Probably would fill up slots pretty quick given the 360 community on TRF. :)

No worries my id is: ForrestErr and I'll take the Storm

My brother Ants has the game also and he's keen. I just gotta double check tonight what his psn id is I think it's REWA. He said he'll take the Dragons tho.

Last edited:
360 is where its at noobs!

TVH11 take the Crusaders pal, ill be having my own private tourney on the 360 :p

Stop making me think about buying this! >.<

TVH11: Celtic Crusaders (psn id: TVH11)
BenzDG1: Melbourne Storm (psn id: ForrestErr)
[email protected]: Brisbane Broncos (psn id: REWA)

Okay, we're starting to look good for numbers here. Will keep this open until after the weekend for more participants.

well as soon as i get my copy, which could be soon or maybe uk release date (still awaiting for my "connections" to get back to me) my psn id is TVH11 (easy innit :p :p). I presume that by the time i get my copy u guys will be masters at the game and have a huge upper hand (without looking at the overalls - which from what i've seen the crusaders are very poor). Fingers crossed for a patch :p :p

well as soon as i get my copy, which could be soon or maybe uk release date (still awaiting for my "connections" to get back to me) my psn id is TVH11 (easy innit :p :p). I presume that by the time i get my copy u guys will be masters at the game and have a huge upper hand (without looking at the overalls - which from what i've seen the crusaders are very poor). Fingers crossed for a patch :p :p

We are instigating a rule for making an even more even tourney. The squads overall ability level changes with changes to your starting line-up and interchange bench. So with that in mind, we are allowing all sides with ability level below 80 to change their line-ups to enhance their side (the best players are not always in the default line-up). Teams with an ability over 80 must change out a couple of players to lower their ability.

The only sides that would be affected by that would be the Warriors and the Storm.

As said earlier, at the present there is a technique which allows online players to kill newbies by spamming dummy halve runs with the games fastest hookers (the Storm have one of them). These moves are very fast and can catch people out who haven't been playing this all day every day. Often this ploy grabs 20m a pop, if not more.

Any spamming of dummy halve runs (more than 2 per set) will be seen as usage of a special video-game style technique to circumvent the actual Rugby League and we'll need to know about it right away. Exploits are not going to be the way we run the tourney. Anyone who believes that Rugby League should involve running from dummy half 5 times out of 6 is best to find some other comp. :)

Cool sounds good. So as I'm the storm, Do I need to get my rating under 80 or 80 exact?

Cool sounds good. So as I'm the storm, Do I need to get my rating under 80 or 80 exact?
80 not under 80, they're 82, so it'll just be a case of changing two of your guys for two reserves. Usually that will do it no problem. It's not too much of a drop. I think Radman will have to do something similar with the Warriors. Everyone else's sides are below 80 so far, so it's only two who need to change for now. :)

u can stop the dummy half spamming, i wouldnt bring in rules to limit it - people should learn to stop it

80 not under 80, they're 82, so it'll just be a case of changing two of your guys for two reserves. Usually that will do it no problem. It's not too much of a drop. I think Radman will have to do something similar with the Warriors. Everyone else's sides are below 80 so far, so it's only two who need to change for now. :)

Sweet as mate. Hopefully be getting my copy this weekend. STORM ALL THE WAY. No salary cap jokes please. Lol

Purchased this game day before official release in NZ - thanks to EB games :).

Loved Rugby 08 and other rugby games, am a rugby fanatic. Quite stoked about the fact that Rugby 2012 is already in the works, it's gonna be a excruciating wait until it is released.

Took RLL home and jammed on it for a couple of hours, loved the game even before realizing the more complex features. And now still loving this game, the only feature that the game is missing IMO is the franchise mode - which would've made this game much better.

Would be keen for a tournament but am on an Xbox 360.

That's where I'll be getting mine,
Must've put that up today/yesterday, i looked for it the other day and it wasn't there
5th Novemeber though? =/

That's where I'll be getting mine,
Must've put that up today/yesterday, i looked for it the other day and it wasn't there
5th Novemeber though? =/

Man up ... its the best I can muster!

I just meant in general :p
Has the date been pushed back again, or is it just play releasing later?
In the run up to RL3 it was being pushed back a few days at a time every other week

5th November is where I thought they were always releasing it in the UK. Could be wrong.

Latest posts