• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HES announces Rugby League Live for PS3/360

Yeah, those graphics look only marginally better than the RL3 ones on the wii, the face look a bit better but that's about it :S

Fantastic news Mario, but why is it that this ***le was given to another developer? Given the success and positive reception of Rugby League 3, I can't help but think that you fellas at Sidhe have really developed the know-how to make a great RL ***le and while I'm sure what you have supplied to Big Ant is going to be a great help to them, it is slightly worrying as they are an unknown commodity.

As for the screen shots; they're a little raw and low res, but a few more months of development would no doubt make a very big difference. Looking forward to checking this out. Along with Rugby 2012, this will serve as the justification I needed to finally buy a PS3 ;) .

Last edited:
looks like I might just have to save up and buy a ps3 or 360 to play with the other trfers

Last edited:
whilst this is still a while away - those screenshots should have stayed in the studio
they have to be kidding themselves, is this an iphone port?

Iphone? Bit harsh, yeah they look like release day PS3 ***le graphics, but not terrible. The graphics are a minor issue in relation to how much of a dog to play this could be. I'm hoping the gameplay, the animation and the online play facilities are up to standard. That's what really matters.

I had a bit of fun playing the PSP Rugby League game and I still play Rugby League 1 so my expectations aren't very high, by the looks of the features list the gameplay hasn't got a lot of outstanding new features so it could be meh but I just hope it plays a solid game of League no matter how limited it might be.

Iphone? Bit harsh, yeah they look like release day PS3 ***le graphics, but not terrible. The graphics are a minor issue in relation to how much of a dog to play this could be. I'm hoping the gameplay, the animation and the online play facilities are up to standard. That's what really matters.

Totally agre with this post. I'm a massive graphics geek, but i think this is exactly how i expected it to look. The graphics look solid,without a doubt better than RL3 but not as good as madden etc. If the animations are realictic and solid, i'm sure it'll hide the flaws in the "outdated" graphics. Can't wait to see some vids

To be frank those graphics aint that bad and only need a little more work. I would be happy with that to be honest.

Yeah, people need to stop worrying about the graphics. They won't be FIFA level stuff, but they'll be pretty good come release and in any case it's really the gameplay that matters most. I'm just interested to see how this will differ from the Wii RL3 and why they decided to go with a completely different company (my understanding was that the AFL games made by Big Ant generally sucked).

Yeah, people need to stop worrying about the graphics. They won't be FIFA level stuff, but they'll be pretty good come release and in any case it's really the gameplay that matters most. I'm just interested to see how this will differ from the Wii RL3 and why they decided to go with a completely different company (my understanding was that the AFL games made by Big Ant generally sucked).

AFL strikes me as a more difficult prospect to Rugby League, due to less pattern and a plethora of awkward animations necessary. Still, this one is a complete mystery as to how good/slash bad it could be.

It could be as bad as Rugby 04 or even up to (or maybe better) than '06 to play. I'm not going to judge to early, but I can definitely say that to be fair to Mario if this plays as bad as Rugby League 2 did I'll be as happy to bag the game as I and everyone else did back then.

Had someone (bazdev I think) mention this game maybe four months ago and it sounded like he said it was ******** from what he'd heard. Anyway, we'll all know in a few months.

(my understanding was that the AFL games made by Big Ant generally sucked).

Big Ant didn't develop those games. IR Gurus did (who since then rebranded to Transmission Games and are now bankrupt).

So Mario, (out of curiosity) played any build of this new League ***le?

and Trickster games is the new company that came out from the ashes of transmission games.

So Mario, (out of curiosity) played any build of this new League ***le?

We did some testing on it earlier in the year to help out, but I didn't personally get much opportunity to play it and I can't comment on my experiences with it anyway.

We did some testing on it earlier in the year to help out, but I didn't personally get much opportunity to play it and I can't comment on my experiences with it anyway.

Yeah fair enough, even if you'd played a final build it'd be a bit impossible for you to tell us how it is.

Rugby League Live XBOX 360 & PS3

any1 else pscyced 4 the new rugby league game. I no the graphics are crap but still its the first on nxt gen consoles wooh

I'm looking forward to it, hope it is half decent and hope online play works well.

Expectations are very low.

Along with Rugby 2012, this will serve as the justification I needed to finally buy a PS3 ;) .

Lol yeah, this decision has been hanging in the balance for a while and now with this news, i can feel comfortable getting a PS3!.. FINALLY!

Latest posts