• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

He's gone. He's actually bloody gone!

Bloody hell what took him so long! Amazed he resigned....probably told to or he'll be pushed.

- - - Updated - - -

BBC having rolling new on his statement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/34413505

Wow; didn't expect to see this when I refreshed the bbc rugby union page for the 20th time today!

Excited now for the future and to see who we get.

I still don't like some of the excuses I'm hearing from Lancaster - "it was always going to be tough to get the right level of experience into them in time for 2015."

Plenty of time, plenty of caps, poorly used.

As much as I wanted this I cannot help but feel a tad sorry for him. He's and honest and decent man no matter what his failings as a coach are

I hope he gets a chance to coach elsewhere (unless the RFU have offered him something else within the organisation)
Build up some skills and experience

As much as I wanted this I cannot help but feel a tad sorry for him. He's and honest and decent man no matter what his failings as a coach are

We know he has pitch that idea for Fuking ages.

He's Honest decent man from humble farming stock in the north.

He knows the value of a tuppence, and rides his bike down cobble road to go Bakers to pick some warburtons, for his nan.

It appears to me that he was sacked!

He assisted with the review and Ritchie called him in for a meeting where Lancaster agreed to leave!

Despite the results, he did a good job after the disaster that was Johnson in bringing some discipline and unity into the squad!

However, he was not good enough, decisive enough, experienced enough or strong enough to have carried the job through to the end that all of England wanted.....victory!

He also had to contend with not sacking Farrell having made the wrong decision to appoint him in the first place.

Of course he was sacked.

He was a honourable gent, so he gets an honourable exit.

You think about this day for so long, and when it finally happens you don't know what to say........

I feel somewhat responsible... My touch is gone!

I'm quite happy with this, the guy could beat Ireland and now he's gone. Worse Ireland teams beat better England teams easier than we beat them. The biggest challenge for the next coach is to keep the modest attitude he instilled, not letting the players get ahead of themselves while getting them playing in the right way is a scary thought.

He's gone and arguably deserved it but lets be fair.
He did lift England back up from a horrific situation.
He was honest and decent. A fair man.
There was no crap or arrogance about him.
He probably just lacked the experience and the right people around him but he is a good coach.

Best of Luck to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Lancaster - Ireland
Schmidt - England

Sorted.

Andy Farrell goes with Lancaster,
Schmidt already stated he has no interest in that role

Before anyone breaks out the champagne: we could end up with Jon Callard as caretaker for the Six Nations.

(Cue every non-Englishman breaking out champagne.)

Latest posts