• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

hey new to the rugby world

stewboy

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Ireland
ok im fresh to the rugby world and would love someone to explain all the rules. i got the just of the game and i can play but i would like to kniow all the small rules ect. and can anyone tell me if ronan o'gara retired? thanks

Brilliant stuff. It's a great game and if you only ever play one game you'll have 14 instant friends. First things first, Ronan has not retired, but if you ever see him tell him that he probably should.

The rules. There are a lot of rules. Where to start? Youtube I guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmU5gMZtq8

How did you get into it?

i was an american football star in high school and a wrestleing state camp but never really liked them. then one day a foriegn exchange student asked me to play rugby and it was instant love. its been the only sport i actully love playing

Welcome to the awesome sport and likewise forum, man. If I'm reading your pics right I'm sort of like your way of thinking USA first, Ireland second. I can watch the USA play in person and Ireland only on tv, but the latter has a lot more options to watch them and they're more likely to win in their's.

i learnt more from that video than ten years playing....not much of it about rugby though

i was an american football star in high school and a wrestleing state camp but never really liked them. then one day a foriegn exchange student asked me to play rugby and it was instant love. its been the only sport i actully love playing
You're not related to the Jones brothers (Jon, Arthur, Chandler) are you? :lol: That family is either wrestlers/fighters or NFL stars.

What position do you play/like to play in rugby?
Brilliant stuff. It's a great game and if you only ever play one game you'll have 14 instant friends. First things first, Ronan has not retired, but if you ever see him tell him that he probably should.

The rules. There are a lot of rules. Where to start? Youtube I guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmU5gMZtq8

How did you get into it?
:lol:

He's not that bad. There'd be a place for Ronan in the NFL for his field goals alone. And that's about it (not that many kickers can actually tackle). ;)

give us some details of what you enjoy doing, what position you played in football and your hight and weight stats and we might be able to steer you in the right directions.

Great choice to keep it in the forwards tho.

Forwards are the gnarled and scarred creatures who have a propensity for running into and bleeding all over each other before they get stripped"

or

Rugby backs can be identified because they generally have clean jerseys and identifiable partings in their hair... come the revolution the backs will be the first to be lined up against the wall and shot for living parasitically off the work of others.

Which camp do you fall into,

biz

Latest posts