• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hey South Africa..about Butch James...

P

Prestwick

You might want to sue Bath Rugby for psycological damage rendered to your fly half...

..because right now for two games on the trot he can't hit the Queen Mary II with a beach ball from two meters away with a gale blowing at his back..

EDIT: and for the record, both of these games are serious crunch games, a HEC Semi-Final (which is as close to a full international intensity match as he'll get at this rate with his form right now) and a crunch GP game..

His replacement isn't doing as well... Missed a kick directly in front of the posts.

Butch James is a man <strike>scorned</strike> scarred at the moment, and it's taken Bath out of two competitions.

Butch James is owt more then a cowardly thug - A charmless, pantomime villian.

And as demonstrated this season, struggles with anything more then the basic concept of kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-ping-pong-run-the-length-lucky-breakaway play of the Super 14.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Apr 19 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's exactly why we set him over to you guys oop north![/b]

Well look, if he can't hack it at the top then why did Bath hire him.

I'm sure he can do it, in fact he has done it in a final (or was that ol' hairspray and Nivea for men moisturiser Montgomery? I might be wrong) but for some reason he can't hack the intensity that is the Heineken Cup.

I remember bumping into him back in last season when he did his leg in and he looked really glum and reclusive. Zinzan Brooke was trying to cheer him up but I dunno, its just living somewhere so claustraphobic like Europe..it seems to be getting to him.

Best get him back to South Africa and into intensive care, I'm not sure he'll last much longer up here.

Yeah I agree. The lack of sun does something to people up there. Quick, he needs a beach tanning session and an ice cold Castle Lager pronto!

Lovely Sunny day in Newcastle for a change, but there was a small amount of pressure on him and he just choked, like he did last week, and the week before. Sky love drooling over his general play but he is a liability without another recognised goal kicker in the team.

Never, ever get rid of that Prestwick quote in your sig :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 19 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lovely Sunny day in Newcastle for a change, but there was a small amount of pressure on him and he just choked, like he did last week, and the week before. Sky love drooling over his general play but he is a liability without another recognised goal kicker in the team.

Never, ever get rid of that Prestwick quote in your sig :lol:[/b]

Ah, a bit harsh on ol Powell there. I like him. I really wish he is coming with the Lions. Such a pity he's been in "slump". They do call it that hey Presty, a "slump".

Anyway, luckily Bath had Claasens there to pull the team by the scruff on the neck against the Falcons. I think he fits in the scene nicely there. Playing in Newcastle in the front of a crowd of 7 800, in the Guinness Premiership no less. Takes something special it does.

Totally Steve. Classens seems to thrive up here while James just seems to have gone into his shell. I agree, the lack of sun and having to play in the swimming pool at home games doesn't really help. It is a big change from playing in a nice stadium in front of 30k crowds :(

Its not because of whatever he's done in South Africa or the S14, I think he genuinely just doesn't like it up here. If moved to somewhere abroad like America or Japan or whatever I'd probably spend a good year or so being freaked out about everything so I honestly don't blame him.

That and I'm drunk as Stone Cold Steve Austin after two hundred beers have been poured over his face...

EDIT: ...wait, what did I say about Powell again?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 19 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Totally Steve. Classens seems to thrive up here while James just seems to have gone into his shell. I agree, the lack of sun and having to play in the swimming pool at home games doesn't really help. It is a big change from playing in a nice stadium in front of 30k crowds :(

Its not because of whatever he's done in South Africa or the S14, I think he genuinely just doesn't like it up here. If moved to somewhere abroad like America or Japan or whatever I'd probably spend a good year or so being freaked out about everything so I honestly don't blame him.

That and I'm drunk as Stone Cold Steve Austin after two hundred beers have been poured over his face...

EDIT: ...wait, what did I say about Powell again?[/b]

Ya, I think we can all agree Butch needs a good 'cheer up mate' punch in the shoulder. Figuratively speaking of course, he's fragile at the moment.
He's soon bound to come back and open a coffee shop in Bloemfontein, as Claasens is bound to as well.

EDIT: ... oh ja, you mentioned the below quote after South Africa finished their warm up game for the big duel at Twickers. I think..

We can only hope. Everyone wants a competitive Lions team to come down, an on form Powell will help that cause.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 19 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You might want to sue Bath Rugby for psycological damage rendered to your fly half...

..because right now for two games on the trot he can't hit the Queen Mary II with a beach ball from two meters away with a gale blowing at his back..

EDIT: and for the record, both of these games are serious crunch games, a HEC Semi-Final (which is as close to a full international intensity match as he'll get at this rate with his form right now) and a crunch GP game..[/b]

Get him to psychologist and may these brain-f***er guys will help him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chupa-chups-psychologist.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 19 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Get. A. Room.[/b]

Some-ones jeaaa-looousss! :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Get him to psychologist and may these brain-f***er guys will help him[/b]

Good point, Lekso. I feel sorry for Butch as he now has a new nickname up here: Calamity James! :D

I feel Photoshop being warmed up...

Erm, so he got crap? Lol. Well we don't really want him back. Anyway, you think he is off-form, you should check out Bryan Habana... The guy lost ALL his pace, and is pretty much stuck riding the waves...

Butch is now going to be undergoing a Knee Scan, potentially could rule him out for the rest of the season... Or is this a ploy to send Butch down to South Africa and give him a beach holiday.

James has a bad history with his knees. A knee injury kept him out of the game for 2 years awhile back. It was an on going problem at the Sharks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 20 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 19 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get. A. Room.[/b]

Some-ones jeaaa-looousss! :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Get him to psychologist and may these brain-f***er guys will help him[/b]

Good point, Lekso. I feel sorry for Butch as he now has a new nickname up here: Calamity James! :D

I feel Photoshop being warmed up...
[/b][/quote]

I feel Photoshop being warmed up... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Latest posts