• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Highfeld XV v Lions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ May 26 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boggle @ May 26 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't Wales part of the British anyway ?

thus, just the British and Irish lions rather than, the British, Irish and Welsh Lions.

also, yay for the tour starting :D
Kind of more excited for the Springboks vs Namibia XV though.[/b]
It Should British, Irish, Welsh and Scottish Lions....
[/b][/quote]

Dang you got in there before me. :lol:

;)

The First Lions Team has been announced

15 Lee Byrne
14 Tommy Bowe
13 Keith Earls
12 Jamie Roberts
11 Shane Williams
10 Ronan O'Gara
9 Mike Blair
8 Andy Powell
7 Martyn Williams
6 Joe Worsley
5 Paul O'Connell
4 Simon Shaw
3 Adam Jones
2 Matthew Rees
1 Andrew Sheridan.

16 Lee Mears, 17 Phil Vickery, 18 Alun-Wyn Jones, 19 Stephen Ferris, 20 Mike Phillips, 21 Stephen Jones, 22 Riki Flutey.

RugbyWorld Article

15 Lee Byrne- fine
14 Tommy Bowe- fine
13 Keith Earls -hmm defensively suspect but he probably needs gametime more thna any of the others
12 Jamie Roberts - meh he'll do I guess
11 Shane Williams - Well everyone expects him to start, hopefully he can pick up a bit of form
10 Ronan O'Gara - well yeah it was gonna be one of them
9 Mike Blair - good call
8 Andy Powell - Shame, I would have like to see him play against one of the better teams in his first games, so he could be properly found out
7 Martyn Williams - Hurrah
6 Joe Worsley - Same as Powell, just not good enough
5 Paul O'Connell - Captain starts, shocking
4 Simon Shaw - ARGHHHHHHHH!
3 Adam Jones - yup cool
2 Matthew Rees - mmm fine
1 Andrew Sheridan - oh dear

Disgusting how Sheridan is allowed to start and Vickery is on the bench in front of Gethin Jenkins!

well lets remember its only the first game of the tour, it ain't the startin team for the first test or anything

I'd imagine these are the players who coped best with the altitude training tests before flying over maybe? Still would hope to see the tour kick off with a good win. Exciting backline, backrow would be more threatening with Ferris in their. Hope Blair does well.

Surprised to not see G. Jenkins involved at all, on the bench or otherwise
Apart from that it's about what i was expecting, considering the players not involved because of the finals recently
Glad to see Flutey there

Pretty much as I was expecting,

I would not be supprised to see a totally different side for wednesdays game,,I think Geech said somewhere that the first two games he was going to try two completey different 15s

I quite like the look of that team, besides Sheridan. And I probably would have gone for DOC in front of Shaw, but what do I know.

I would also expect a pretty much wholesale different line up for game 2.

Don't see what the fuss about Jenkins is about. He'll most likely start in the next test, and after proving himself superior to every other prop in the squad, again, he'll be starting loosehead against the Boks... It's not like he was going to start every single warm-up game anyway...

You think that's bad, look what the London press are stating;

"But Vickery may find himself playing understudy to Euan Murray, the tight head prop, if only because the Scots are unlikely to have enough Test starters for Lions boss Ian McGeechan."

*cough*
orly.jpg

The Royal XV are gonna get chowed! They're a made up team themselves, but with crappy players, so I really see them getting whooped.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 28 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
"But Vickery may find himself playing understudy to Euan Murray, the tight head prop, if only because the Scots are unlikely to have enough Test starters for Lions boss Ian McGeechan."[/b]

Might aswell just write "Hi im a retard ok bye"

Really does look like a pack designed with the intent of protecting ROG. Only reason to have Shaw and Worsley there if you asker me.

Exciting backline though. Roberts to make holes and Earlsy to finish everything and we all know the sexy lines that Bowe loves to take through the centre and Byrne and Wiliams willl give them hell at counter attack time.! Booya! Can't wait!

I think they are going to use a much more realistic test team against the Lions on Wednesday. Murray,BOD,Jenkins are all expected to play as is Hines. Really its just getting every player game time at the moment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ May 28 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think they are going to use a much more realistic test team against the Lions on Wednesday. Murray,BOD,Jenkins are all expected to play as is Hines. Really its just getting every player game time at the moment.[/b]
I still think that this team is very strong...Blair, O'Gara and the Back three are close to test starters...as is O'Connell and Adam Jones and Martyn Williams

Think Halfpenny will have to wait until the Cheetahs match till he can get some game time. I think the Blues Medical team said he's made great progress and is ready to fly out early next week. So they'll probably give him a chance to settle in before testing him on the pitch.

This team looks good, looking forward to seeing the centre partnership of Roberts and Earls together. Sheridan and Shaw being there is a bit eh? but I guess you can't pick them and not play them.

cant really argue with this team nd as lomg as its a different starting 15 for wed everyone in the camp should be happy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ May 27 2009, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was born in Rustenburg, yay!
**** place actually...[/b]
What about all that platinum? If you don't want it, I have veeeery big pockets ...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ May 27 2009, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
EDIT: *British & Irish

FURTHER EDIT: *British, Irish & Welsh :huh:[/b]
The Welsh are the only true Brits. Half the Scots are Irish, the other half English. And the English - as any fool no - are ... German. Which brings us back to Rustenburg, I guess. It may be a **** place, but not such a bad name. :p

Latest posts