• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hijacked Thread split

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

Warwick will never be allowed play 10 full time. If he does, O'Gara will write an angry letter to Tony McGahan.

Earls, Hurley, Mafi, Flutey, Murphy, Warwick, O'Leary - not a bad set of backs

Flutey to Munster will be a very interesting signing but Mafi is a 12 not a 13.
Guess we at an added bonus as Warwick doesn't count as a foreign player.

My only worry is Flutey is suspect to injuries but still a great signing but wont he be away during international windows too.
Interesting as it says he will replace Howlett. Assume so that Johne Murphy in for Howlett and Flutey for JDV

Also Stringer supposedly set to leave us which is an interesting one as he is important to us still. His pass is massive asset but presume that frees Duncan Williams to progress bit more. But have heard it on side Stringer is close to joining Wasps, Leicester or an unnamed French club.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 20 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Flutey to Munster will be a very interesting signing but Mafi is a 12 not a 13.[/b]
I think when Mafi plays 12 he tucks the ball under his arm too often and doesn't look to pass it. Putting him at 13 running lines off Riki Flutey who's an excellent passer could be very successful for Munster.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 20 2010, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 20 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flutey to Munster will be a very interesting signing but Mafi is a 12 not a 13.[/b]
I think when Mafi plays 12 he tucks the ball under his arm too often and doesn't look to pass it. Putting him at 13 running lines off Riki Flutey who's an excellent passer could be very successful for Munster.
[/b][/quote]
Could be interesting but well guess we'll have to see but still sad to see Dougie go. I know it always seemed expected that he'd go but I just thought maybe he'd stay 1 more year. But at least with Johne Murphy coming in that free's up 1 international spot so we should buy in a prop and a back-row.

As i've stated I hear that an International backrow who played vs Ireland this year is been mooted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 21 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also heard it pretty much certain Sean Cronin will return to us for 2011/2012 season. that was whole idea of extra year at Connacht.[/b]
That would be a great signing.

I think there'll be a lot of upheavel among the Munster playing staff when the 2011/12 season comes around. With the World Cup coming up in October 2011, it's possible that a 34 year old Ronan O'Gara, 73 year old John Hayes, 35 year old David Wallace, 37 year old Alan Quinlan, 33 year old Peter Stringer and 34 year old Marcus Horan will decide that's the right time to hang up their boots. Jerry Flannery too has struggled with injuries and may be on his last legs then too.

2011/12 could see them begin moulding a new team along the following lines (with a couple more non-Ireland qualified players thrown in):

15. Felix Jones
14. Denis Hurley
13. Keith Earls
12. Lifeimi Mafi
11. Johne Murphy
10. Paul Warwick
9. Tomas O'Leary
1. Dave Ryan
2. Sean Cronin
3. Tony Buckley
4. Donnacha Ryan
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Denis Leamy
7. Niall Ronan
8. Peter O'Mahony

Back on topic:
Shane Williams to Toulon
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/r...91466-25879920/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 21 2010, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 21 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also heard it pretty much certain Sean Cronin will return to us for 2011/2012 season. that was whole idea of extra year at Connacht.[/b]
That would be a great signing.

I think there'll be a lot of upheavel among the Munster playing staff when the 2011/12 season comes around. With the World Cup coming up in October 2011, it's possible that a 34 year old Ronan O'Gara, 73 year old John Hayes, 35 year old David Wallace, 37 year old Alan Quinlan, 33 year old Peter Stringer and 34 year old Marcus Horan will decide that's the right time to hang up their boots. Jerry Flannery too has struggled with injuries and may be on his last legs then too.

2011/12 could see them begin moulding a new team along the following lines (with a couple more non-Ireland qualified players thrown in):

15. Felix Jones
14. Denis Hurley
13. Keith Earls
12. Lifeimi Mafi
11. Johne Murphy
10. Paul Warwick
9. Tomas O'Leary
1. Dave Ryan
2. Sean Cronin
3. Tony Buckley
4. Donnacha Ryan
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Denis Leamy
7. Niall Ronan
8. Peter O'Mahony

Back on topic:
Shane Williams to Toulon
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/r...91466-25879920/
[/b][/quote]
Snoop let's not forget DOC is young enough too and O'Mahony will battle with Leamy for 8 and Ryan probably in at 6.

Also Buckley is no spring chicken either and I'd rather see us bring an import in there at tighthead.
Quinny will be 36 in July so he'll probably be used sparingly next season before he bow's out.
And Stringer will be gone at end of season.
But that team sounds good and we forgetting the likes of Deasy who can improve.

Back on Shane Williams, sounds like a move only for the money as my 2 ways are looking at it are:
-He's moving to gain big pay-day before retirement
-Or he's playing games to draw more money out of Ospreys

Meh that website loves to gossip wayy too much - the worst was when they said the Blues we're going to sign Dan Carter :rolleyes: .
Dunno if Shane would move, Neath were the ones that 'discovered' him when he was playing for Amman United, and he's stuck with them and then the Ospreys through thick and thin, so not sure he'd move. Then again, like Munstermuffin said, he could look to try and get some extra dosh from the 'Sprays or by playing in Toulon.

If Shane is going, Fussell's signing would make sense. Nikki Walker is probaly leaving, though, so you'd think they'd be even more desperate to keep hold of Shane. Bowe did the same things, squeezing more money out of the Ospreys, so chances are Shane's learning from his mate Tommy.

Latest posts