• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Holiday Spots

S

Steve-o

I've had this pic as my background for awhile and I thought I'd share it with you. This is a 'flat' my grandfather brought some 28 years ago, about an hours drive down the coast (an area called Salt Rock) from where I live, in the Richards Bay area. He hires it out to people during the year, but when every now and then me and family go there (for FREE! :D ). We just have to give him a good few weeks notice so he doesn't book anyone over our time there.
The picture was taken early in the morning in mid-August (technically still winter) but as you can see winter doesn't reign here. Here in Zululand we have 8 months of Summer and 4 months of Hell, I tell ya.
I took this picture just before we left back home, I just ran up to the 2nd floor and took the picture. But when I got home and put it on my PC I realised how well it actually came out, I was a bit taken back. If this isn't paradise, what is?
On the left you can see a stairway, that leads down to a sandy beach about 100m from it, so it's not all rocky. And further down from those red flowers is a small natural waterfall. Next time I'll take more pictures for sure

Feel free to add some of your favourite holiday spots

s4300010uw0.jpg

Sweet idea.

Below is a photo of Villars ski resort in Switzerland (cropped without smug lookig me in there).

I used to live near there back during my school days and is one of my favourite places in the world if its a sunny day. This is just near where you arrive, but further up you can see pretty much most of the Alps. Of course I traded all this for a three year course and a terraced house in Stoke- did I make a good move or what!

swiss.jpg

I've been to Villars, it certainly is a beautiful spot.

One of my favourite places in the whole world is also in Switzerland:

cd0048-l.jpg

This is the lake of Oeschinensee, located in the mountains near the village of Kandersteg. No picture can possibly do it justice, but I could spend all day just sitting and wandering around different parts of the surrounding landscape without ever getting bored. From right next to water to the mountain trails along the cliffs surronding the lake, there isn't one angle from which it isn't tranquility itself.

I don't suppose anyone would like to see pictures of skyscrapers in Singapore :p

I don't suppose anyone would like to see pictures of skyscrapers in Singapore :p
[/b]
If that's where you go on holiday and you enjoy it, then go right ahead.

If it's where you live, then NO :lol:

Oludeniz in Turkey is nice, i should know i have been there every year from the age of 12.. plus i'm going to Samoa in a weeks time and that is a very beautiful country, albeit in the middle of the ocean..

How can someone have links with Turkey and Samoa ? Are you a Samoan living in Turkey ?

Corfu09-200712.jpg

Where I went last year, Paleokastritsa on the island of Corfu, Greece. It was divine, although I'm guessing a lot of people would have found it boring :p

As with all good things, you don't realise how good something is, unless you start missing it. The same goes for Foz, at least with me. It's where I always used to gio with my parents, year after year after year, since my grandparents and some other family lives there. Not much happens in this little village, but now that I haven't gone there for over 5 years I really want to go back:

PuertoFoz.jpg

Foz.jpg

Damnit, I went to Barcelona last year and it was such a beautiful city. We went to the top of this mountain that overlooked the city and I didn't take a Goddamn picture!

I'll see if I have any, did you go by cable car up the mountain?

I liked Barcelona, but the conditions we went in (never go with a girl that is absolutely adamant about buying that one certain purse, and dragging you back to the same street three times in a row for five hours to do so) weren't too peachy, so I didn't add it to holiday spots :)

Maybe I'll pass there again when I go hiking through Spain (which will never happen, but I can only hope for it)

I checked, no views of Barcelona, only bit of city I have are taken atop the unfinished cathedral. And a few extra ones of Penis Tower, just because we thought it looked ridiculous.

Well, if my memory is correct, there is a large hill/mountain adjacent to the city. We went up some roads along the side of the mountain to get to the a high point on it which overlooked the city as a whole. Also, the Cathedral is beautiful, but sadly I only got to see it from across the road! We were on a tourist trip where everything was time scheduled and we had little time to observe it.
Also, "Penis" tower? I wanna see a photo of that! :D

Ahh, yes I remember passing by that. o_O The bus took us past it on a motorway, it seemed to take forever until it was out of sight! :(

Apparantly it's a great architectural achievement of some sorts. We went to a little market to see if I could find mum certain DVDs, and when we exited the underground, we were standing right in front of it. We had already made fun of it when we were on top of the Sagrada Familia, but seeing it up close was better :) We weren't allowed to enter though :(

and when we exited the underground, we were standing right in front of it.
[/b]
That sounds scary. You're just going about your holiday, minding your own business, chatting maybe, then you look forward at the daylight to find, not the Sun glaring down at you, but rather a penis-shaped building.
:lol:
:huh:
:blink:
:wacko:
:unsure:
B)
:zzz:
:D

Some places I've been over the years...

The French Alps near Modane ( my Wallpaper atm)

dscn3152vv4.jpg

Big tower in the city of Khiva in Uzbekistan

dscn2216bv8.jpg

Samarkand
dscn2325wj9.jpg

Osaka Castle, Japan
dscn3106kl4.jpg

But nothing beats Montpellier, my hometown :p :cheers:

Marrakesh, Morocco, quite possible the most awesome city in the world (after London).
Marrakech-spice-souk.jpg

Wahiba Sands, Oman. Feel beautifully free.
l-wahiba_sands_dunes_and_mountains_6036.jpg

Rue Mouffetard, my favourite place in Paris:
fran30563.jpeg

Myrdalsjokull, Iceland. Awesome country, absolutely gorgeous.
KatlaStoneCairns.jpg

Sant Antoni, Ibiza, where I'm going this summer:
ELS-exterior-air01.jpg

Do you get former women of the night congregating around Penis Tower? [/b]

Nope, an amazing number of blokes though, lighting candles in the hope of pleasing the Lord of Penis Tower, and thus receiving something better in return (and without having to react to those interesting mails you stometimes find in your inbox!)
:p

Latest posts