• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Holy Crap! O_O

P

Prestwick

You guys might want to look away now...but if Tigers get planning permission (EDIT: which they have), this is what Welford Road will look like:

414_lg.jpg

In a way, it does blow anything that any club of either code is planning out of the water, that is incredible! Despite the grandeur of it all, capacity would only be increased by roughly 6,000 to 23,500.

How much is it costing?

I suspect not the equivilent of 1.1 billion Australian dollars like our scrappy AFL order they stuck us with...

£60 million (120 million USD) over several phases. The first being that huge 10,000 seater stand.

Meh, it's only the Tiggers. :p

I don't understand the point of the low swoop on either side. Surely if they kept the height of the stand consistent all the way round they could add another few thousand to the capacity.

Its nice to see that they are updating their traditional (i assume) home instead of moving away from it.It might be the same club but when you move to a new stadium you lose something i think. :)

Well that's [blink]HUGE[/blink] news!

In december last year... [/b]

Well, gee, sorry, I guess I missed it when it was posted here on the forum back in December :p

If anything, I'm just making up for not posting it back then :p

I see they have kind of taking inspiration from the horse-shoe configuration of the REC. Except they're having a huge stand instead of a temporary one..

..in any case, I'm sure Saints can outdo the Tigers. Expect a massive revamp of Franklin Gardens which will turn the stadium into one shaped to resemble owner the imperial majesty that is Keith Barwell's face when viewed from space...

Meh, it's only the Tiggers. :p

I don't understand the point of the low swoop on either side. Surely if they kept the height of the stand consistent all the way round they could add another few thousand to the capacity. [/b]

yeah me too. personally i would have had where it swooped go up and connect with the top of the grandstand. still have a curve in it, but at least it doesnt cut off a whole heap of potential seats - which will be a pain to re-develop 10-20yrs down the track.

Latest posts